Discussion: Dem Senators Slam Zinke Over ‘Konnichiwa’ Remark: ‘Racism Is Not Ok’

Democrats should be calling Republicans racists any chance they get. Because they are racists.

1 Like

I’ve seen similar lists regarding black people. A belt to hold up their pants rarely makes the list. It must be hell going through life limited to the use of one arm for manual tasks, as the other is perpetually clutching your pants in a constant attempt to keep them from falling about your knees and ankles.

AND GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Only if you’re in Trump’s administration or part of his campaign team.

Seriously, I think he was obtuse for saying what he did, not racist. Even had he said good morning properly, it was an obtuse gesture of pandering and would have been better had he said good morning in English.

2 Likes

Drooping pants is no longer the style. Check out rappers - they are wearing tight pants now and that’s where these styles come from.

You just made yourself look about 80. :wink:

2 Likes

He’s like a character out of a low brow bro comedy.

1 Like

In my area of the country damn near every “urban” resident you observe below a certain age finds it necessary to hold up their pants as they walk down the street or wander the aisles of a store. So it’s still a thing in some places. I watched a guy the other day that literally had to stop every couple paces and give an upward tug before he could proceed to his destination. WTF?

1 Like

They’ll get there. Not one rapper has worn drooping pants for 2 years.

4 Likes

I guess I would say that the line between racism and obtuseness is not all that sharp.

I’m not going to spend a lot of time dissecting this idiot’s words, not with all the other horrors emanating from the Trump administration. But I do think the common idea or suggestion (not yours I realize) that Americans with Asian heritage are not fully American is a real problem and not one to be lightly dismissed as, “Oh come on–you’re just being too sensitive.”

8 Likes

Agreed.

It should be “Republicanism Is Not OK”

1 Like

You have to admit that jacket kinda makes her look Asian.

More Rope !

The contributions of Asians don’t get enough notice.
John Wayne, Tony Randall and Shirley Maclaine are under appreciated for example.

2 Likes

I think we should all be much more outraged about the Russian hacks of our power grid, especially our nuclear reactors.
Why are our representatives not shouting about that instead of this?

2 Likes

Yes. Sounds clumsy, but doesn’t strike me as overtly racist, or even an attempt at humor.

There’s plenty of racism and prejudice to be concerned about in this country. Need to pick our fights carefully.

3 Likes

Exactly. Except I was gonna write “Comrade”, but I had trouble spelling “Dosvedanya”

1 Like

How could you forget Mickey Rooney? If he was still alive, Donnie would appoint him ambassador to Japan…

6 Likes

I’d say those glasses are racist, but Miss Kitty has a similar pair. When she puts them on to read I want to give her chocolate and nylons and ask if that’s enough for a favor.

Shirley MacLaine’s part had her MASQUERADING as a geisha. She was not actually playing an Asian character.
Randall’s was a comedy in which he played multiple characters.
Wayne was just a very bad actor.

He bizarrely said it after answering other questions from her. I don’t tell people good morning after I’ve been answering their questions for a period of time! However, he does come across like a defensive asshole, so who knows if he meant it to be racist.

1 Like

He once turned down the part of an echidna in a movie, claiming a portrayal of him laying an egg would be damaging to his career.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available