Discussion: Dem Senators Slam Zinke Over ‘Konnichiwa’ Remark: ‘Racism Is Not Ok’

1 Like

I wrote about this elsewhere.

1 Like

As Holly Golightly would have said, “Quelle douche!”

14 Likes

Make Racism Great Again!

2 Likes

Guten morgen Herr Zinke!

14 Likes

I’m surprised that Zinke didn’t also compliment Rep. Hanabusa on her excellent English.

20 Likes
11 Likes

In other news
Clueless idiot opens mouth and proves without a doubt he is a clueless idiot.
Flags flying at Half Mast today Zinke?

10 Likes

Nope. Racism is not ok. https://t.co/wWopw5Vctu

— Tammy Duckworth (@SenDuckworth) March 16, 2018

Tens of millions of Americans beg to disagree.

Enough to install a racist in the White House as a matter of fact.
5 Likes

The deplorables may think that, but they’re wrong. Racism is not okay.

9 Likes

The ends are smiling as the sad bemoan their means.

We can only hope that Zinke’s expensive travel and royal flag habits piss Dear Leader off enough for Zinke to be one of those fired. The problem with that is that Dear Leader will probably replace him with one of Don Jr.’s trophy hunter buddies. Or maybe Don Jr. himself, since he’s sad about the divorce and needs a hobby.

9 Likes

He has a hobby, albiet a solitary one, but engaging in it more than twice or three times a day taxes the ability of even the most fit 40 year old man.

3 Likes

Racism Is Not Ok

Au contraire…

IOKIYAR

In fact, it’s required…

5 Likes

I’m sure I’m not the only one, but I may be the only one who’ll say this reaction is overblown.
I find the spectacle ridiculous. I’m no fan of Zinke, but I’d say this outcry will look silly to a lot of people.
I don’t need lecturing replies, thanks.

13 Likes

Zinke is perhaps Montana’s most significant contribution to American history since the Battle of the Little Bighorn.

4 Likes

I bet Conservative commentator Michelle Malkin would defend him. A few years ago she wrote a book defending the Japanese American internment and even advocated for a present day version of one.

It’s a shame Sen.Daniel Inouye who actually was in an internment camp is not around to call out Zinke’s nonsense or smack with his one arm since the other was blown off serving in WWII.

6 Likes

Such unfair accusations! It was economic anxiety that forced Zinke to say that. We need to open our hearts and sympathize.

6 Likes

Hey Zinke—I will speak American to you: fuck off, asshole.

7 Likes

It is not racist to say good afternoon instead of good morning to a Japanese woman. She corrected him and told him the proper term for good morning in her language. Zinke most likely was stationed in Okinawa for a spell and wanted to show off his ability to speak Japanese. If we are going to scream racism at every damn little thing, we are not going to be taken serious when real racism happens.
Even RawStory reported it in the proper context:

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available