Discussion: Defending Senate Repeal Effort, Trump Trashes Obamacare

Remember keep your doctor, keep your plan?

I have had the same plan since Reagan’s 2nd term. Different doctors, yeah, 'cause certain parts are requiring attention these days that didn’t back then.

It’s true: “if you like your health care plan, you can keep it” was one of the worst, ill-advised campaign promises made by President Obama and has been used to great advantage by the Rightwingers. It’s just another reason I hope the Republicans would pass TrumpCare (with no Dem votes, please). Let them own it already. They won’t be able to blame Obama, Dems, Liberals for it (but of course they’ll try). It will be a disaster and may just pave the way, ironically, for a more universal healthcare strategy going forward.

1 Like

I don’t really know if we can solve the divide – but the healthcare bill is so damaging to trump voters, that maybe we can exploit it. The democrats should be cutting ads specific to every state that took the medicaid expansion. Those senators need to be shamed and called out for what they are planning to do to their own – and those ads need to run constantly on FOX.

2 Likes

Fair enough. We might as well. See what happens - I try really hard not to predict too much, despite how opinionated I am. hahahaha

2 Likes

If only President Obama had openly bribed Trump like Saudi Arabia, Russia, and China had. We’d be much better off as a country.

1 Like

The only way Trump’s LOFO base will ever figure out they were lied to about Medicaid – or anything else – is for them to be personally harmed. These fools lack empathy, but once they see Trump isn’t just harming “the others”, they will be furious.

1 Like

Ossoff showed all districts need to be contested. If Trump gets more unpopular – a distinct likelihood – many formerly safe GOP districts and Senate seats will be open for a good Democratic candidate.

4 Likes

OT, but partly about trash–

Jared Kushner, teenage real estate developer</strike.> hardball opportunist.

Raw sewage, no heat, insect infestations, complaints ignored, lease violations.

No wonder Donald adores him.

2 Likes

True, but nothing in the ACA required that they do so. As I understand it, there was no mechanism in the ACA for taking doctors or plans away from people.

Semantics, perhaps, but “Lie of the Year?” I think that’s seriously overstating it.

Those noncompliant plans truly sucked, and people were well to be rid of them.

You do not want to get into what I remember pus nuts.

I agree with you. Bu,t here’s my submission, anyway:

Chiselin’ Trump:My story was always a straight story. My story was always the truth.

1 Like

I rather think Ossoff showed the need to pick the right battles and to know how to fight.

At present, only 40-50 GOP House seats are potentially in play. The D’s aren’t equipped to go after them all and simultaneously defend the seats they hold.

3 Likes

A politician promised something that turned out to be 98 percent true instead of 100 percent true. I’d call that way ahead of the average political promise.

This is OT but necessary…

trump wants his walls and to live in fear of the “other”
I wish there were a way I could be assured trump would read this

and then reconsider how he looks at Muslims. Especially the story of the cook in this article.
trump would deport these people. I say, having been in Iran and Iraq and Afghanistan myself, I know the decency of the vast majority of people I ran into in my travels.
Of course trump can’t understand the behavior of these two restaurant owners. It’s well outside anything he has ever considered.
Sad.

3 Likes

stream of conshitness?

1 Like

Another day, another asinine remark from Don the dope.

Wow! Just, wow!

1 Like

Avik Roy is a far-right shill who has no concept of what reality is.

3 Likes

Beat me to it. Thank you.

1 Like

I don’t disagree… really.

But the RW field effect was, as usual, quite adept at making us lose sight of the substantive policy distinctions and focus instead on minor rhetorical faux pas - this is a tendency that we on progressive side seem hard wired to pursue anyway.

So the ACA opponents beat us over the head with an Obama “lie” (but hardly a venal sin, just ask the Pope!) and we get rocked back on our heels arguing with them about grandfathered policy exclusions…
If you’re explaining you’re loosing.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available