Discussion: Defending Senate Repeal Effort, Trump Trashes Obamacare

True, but nothing in the ACA required that they do so. As I understand it, there was no mechanism in the ACA for taking doctors or plans away from people.

Semantics, perhaps, but “Lie of the Year?” I think that’s seriously overstating it.

Those noncompliant plans truly sucked, and people were well to be rid of them.

You do not want to get into what I remember pus nuts.

I agree with you. Bu,t here’s my submission, anyway:

Chiselin’ Trump:My story was always a straight story. My story was always the truth.

1 Like

I rather think Ossoff showed the need to pick the right battles and to know how to fight.

At present, only 40-50 GOP House seats are potentially in play. The D’s aren’t equipped to go after them all and simultaneously defend the seats they hold.

3 Likes

A politician promised something that turned out to be 98 percent true instead of 100 percent true. I’d call that way ahead of the average political promise.

This is OT but necessary…

trump wants his walls and to live in fear of the “other”
I wish there were a way I could be assured trump would read this

and then reconsider how he looks at Muslims. Especially the story of the cook in this article.
trump would deport these people. I say, having been in Iran and Iraq and Afghanistan myself, I know the decency of the vast majority of people I ran into in my travels.
Of course trump can’t understand the behavior of these two restaurant owners. It’s well outside anything he has ever considered.
Sad.

3 Likes

stream of conshitness?

1 Like

Another day, another asinine remark from Don the dope.

Wow! Just, wow!

1 Like

Avik Roy is a far-right shill who has no concept of what reality is.

3 Likes

Beat me to it. Thank you.

1 Like

I don’t disagree… really.

But the RW field effect was, as usual, quite adept at making us lose sight of the substantive policy distinctions and focus instead on minor rhetorical faux pas - this is a tendency that we on progressive side seem hard wired to pursue anyway.

So the ACA opponents beat us over the head with an Obama “lie” (but hardly a venal sin, just ask the Pope!) and we get rocked back on our heels arguing with them about grandfathered policy exclusions…
If you’re explaining you’re loosing.

Yes, the acronym is Trump is the Real ASS Hole.

2 Likes

Yeah…But to drop trou like that on the opinion pages of the WaPo… breathtaking!

I mean it was kinda cool when Jim Morrison did it on stage ( or so I’ve read since not I was not there)… But Avik Roy is no Jim Morrison.

1 Like

The obvious effort here is the Republicans have shown their true color - again! They are now, more than ever, pushing for the total annihilation of the poor and the middle class. It’s the direction that will lead us to what most of us are fear of: fascism. And this is in alignment with Putin’s thinking and planning. Putin has already successful with numbing and deceiving the Russians to think that he’s the hero in their lives. But the reality is Putin has been robbing them blind, in much the same way Trump has been doing to those American people at the help of his brainwashed church-going numb-skull Christian fanatics, who are swallowing up lies from Trump like with their mouths wide open. The irony here is the Christians are actually ushering in the very Anti Christ they have been fearing of.

1 Like

Well, crippling it IS reform I guess.

What is the game behind this insanity? Tax Cuts

The tax cuts only require cruelty. I’m trying to understand the rest.

I swear, this draft makes me think of the camouflaged cars that automakers use for open-air tests of their new models.

♫ “. . . ’bout a man named Jed” ♫

1 Like

I’m going to enjoy the shit out of every news story about trump voters dying without healthcare and expressing their shock and dismay that Dear Leader did this to them.

I’m going to make sure that I get their names and cities so I can look them up and send them “glad you’re about to die” greeting cards.

to hell with every fuckwit who voted for this party and this fatass goon at 1600. every one of them who gets fucked and dies, deserves it. their pain and their family’s pain will be my salve.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available