Discussion: David Duke's Aide Gave $1,000 To Scalise's 2008 Campaign

Discussion for article #231574

That drip drip sound you hear is Sleazy’s career being washed away.

11 Likes

More like crashing waves.

1 Like

death by a thousand cuts

6 Likes

The plot thickens.

2 Likes

And Sleazy’s blood pressure spikes.

2 Likes

I’m betting he will ride this out. After all, he is a true role model for Republicans. What is there to object to if you are an inherently racist party…and that is what they have sadly become.

5 Likes

Kenny Knight? Really? Is his middle name “Kevin” or Kyle" or “Keith”?

8 Likes

Agreed. This is exactly what the loud white-wing wants in a leader.

2 Likes

I’m gonna guess it’s Kyle

9 Likes

Barely hidden racism in the TGOP is a feature, not a bug.

2 Likes

One word: Louisiana. Nothing is too reprehensible to force a resignation there unless it is accompanied by a conviction not overturned on appeal. It’s kind of a tradition, at this point.

7 Likes

David Duke. Hmmmmmmmm…

Scalise’s excuse is that his office did not have the proper amount of staff support to check out Duke.

I am surprised that, given the amount of time for excuses that Scalise has had available, this “explanation” has, in itself, not immediately disqualified Scalise from any position of responsibility in any organization whatsoever.

3 Likes

Don Corleone? Oh he’s in the olive oil business…

3 Likes

Nothing’s going to happen. Scalise is a GOP typical, but these affiliations are only getting press since they’re being published now as a gotcha, as opposed to a slow trickle over time that’s easily forgotten. It stinks, but why would he resign because a number of the folks who voted for him only now get to find out he’s had a long association with a racist… in the South? By the time of the next election, he’ll talk about ‘old news’ and having ‘answered his critics’, blah, blah, blah. Then the same fucking genetic twin idiots that elected the Asshat from Staten Island will vote Scalise into office again as an incumbent.

Sigh.

1 Like

His next excuse will be that he thought the donation was from Daisy Duke’s husband.

1 Like

Blue. this is LOUISIANA. If anything, he’ll get MORE votes.

I hear you. It’s like the line from everyone’s favorite film about corruption in government “Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown.” Too bad. But, and big but, maybe Boner will see the wisdom of kicking him off the incoming leadership team just to get his name away from his…

At least he didn’t use a straw donor like convicted felon and full-time martyr Dinesh D’Souza.

1 Like

Well, he did say that he was David Duke without the baggage. So I deduce from that statement that he is aware of what that baggage is…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available