Discussion: Conservatives Freak Out After SPLC Adds Ben Carson To Anti-LGBT 'Extremist' List

Discussion for article #233052

…which now puts UncaBen at the forefront of all black GOTP wannabes…

4 Likes

“He is NOT an 'anti-gay extremist! We call him 'OUR NI(CLANG!). Nothing extremist about that!”

Got it, liberal media?!

4 Likes

This gasbag isn’t the one who gets to define “traditional Christian values.” There are plenty of mainstream, traditional Christian denominations that don’t advocate hatred and bigotry, and for this jerk to say that his hate speech is traditional Christianity defames religious Christians who are not haters and bigots.

9 Likes

Carson says, “It is important for us to once again advocate true tolerance. That means being respectful of those with whom we disagree and allowing people to live according to their values without harassment.”

So how does he explain his attitude toward same-sex marriage?

5 Likes

I’m not clear why they’re upset. Don’t they think that being extremely anti-gay is a good thing?

6 Likes

He says he kindly and calmly analogized gays to pedophiles and bestiality and fails to see why anyone would have a problem with that.

8 Likes

They will never see their hatred as hatred, it’s just criticism to them. The hater is incapable of seeing his one hatred. It’s a common problem on the right. Whatever. We know who he is.

3 Likes

But they have to pretend like it’s not a good thing while knowing that they really love hating and division and bigotry. It’s the crazy world of the right wing politics and the modern GOP. It’s why they’ll never put anyone in the White House -ever again.

1 Like

Uncle Ben talks about social problems in America

2 Likes

Good for the SPLC. Next time my membership dues come up for renewal, I’m doubling what they ask.

7 Likes

Such a collection of idiots for the GOP to choose from, which one will it be?

1 Like

GOP: “Label us for what we say we are, not for what we say.”

6 Likes

“When embracing traditional Christian values is equated to hatred, we are approaching the stage where wrong is called right and right is called wrong,” he told the conservative news outlet.

Christian values do not encompass oppressing other people by denying them their human rights. This is, in a word, bullshit.

5 Likes

And if you have a problem with him equating your life with abuse of animals and children, then you are the bigoted hater. See?

1 Like

Better they should freak over the fact that he is stilted sanctimonious uninformed asshole…long term it would be precient and a better use of their ire.

Carson rejects 100% the American Medical Association’s positions on what homosexuality is and whether or not gay people are entitled to the same civil rights and equal protection under the law as everyone else. Yet he won’t point out what’s WRONG with the AMA’s research methods and reasoning or present what justification he has for his contrarian opinion-as-fact. When is someone in the media going to confront him on this matter? (Rhetorical question.)

1 Like

"There are plenty of mainstream, traditional Christian denominations that don’t advocate hatred and bigotry, and for this jerk to say that his hate speech is traditional Christianity defames religious Christians who are not haters and bigots."*

Agreed. Tired of pompous intolerant self important folks yelling they have the corner of “truth” and we will all go to their hell if we don’t listen. In your sanctimonious small corner of the Christian spectrum you sound delusional. The New Testament teaches me that what draws us together is sacred and to be revered. That which divides us or separates us is evil, and is to be despised.

Those who are on the wrong side of history are always upset by their inability to turn back the clock.

1 Like

Carson is like every other conservative I have ever met. They can be highly educated and highly intelligent, have great jobs and make great incomes, but when it comes to engaging in conversations with them about social or economic issues, they start to behave like petulant teenagers. They perceive insinuation and insult in every comment, and never reply in a rational, mature manner. And this is true for every single conservative I have ever met, regardless of age, gender, socio-economic status, or societal position.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available