Discussion: Congress Reels As Rexit News Hits Capitol Hill

Senator Flake: “I do declare, that Mr. Hoyle would be dreadfully disappointed by this careless way of dismissing poor Mr. Rex. My, oh my!!!”

C’mon, Jeffy. Grow some nards and tell it like it is. Drumpf is a sordid, stinking, gelatinous chunk of crap with legs, who is lower than weighted whale shit. Say it. ***SAY IT!!!***!

I had to laugh too.

"Wyden (D-OR) quipped: “At the rate this administration is hemorrhaging
staff, pretty soon the President’s barber is going to play a big role in
American foreign policy.”

I am sort of holding out for the guy that preps Trumps McD’s order to head up the Space Force.

Simple two-step process:

1. Want to be President badly enough to kneel and suck.
    2). Practice, practice, practice.

Why isn’t this image of Trump at the Act Nightclub in Las Vegas all over the net? Now closed, the club specialized in performances of simulated golden showers, bestiality and S&M. That’s Keith Schuller behind him, a Russian oligarch or two, and Rob Goldstone.

Here’s your president, Trumpkins.

1 Like

Hannity manages, though it does interfere with his speech patterns.

1 Like

. . . or as Adam Schiff so weakly stated after another bogus Devin Nunes pronouncement Re: Russia, “We have a different set of priorities.” Really??? You mean the priority where they destroy a once thriving liberal democracy while Dems prioritize decorum at all costs? Honestly, you nailed it, @lanabill. Dems have been asleep in the passenger’s seat while Koch enterprises and its Republican grifters drives this nation off a cliff.

1 Like

“I think it’s important that the President and Secretary of State are on the same wavelength and I think the President now will be,” the normally tight-lipped Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) told reporters“

That’s the scariest news I’ve seen today. Regardless of Tillerson’s controversial tenure, we lost a presidential babysitter today.

3 Likes

To be fair, the article does describe Cotton as “tight-lipped.”

2 Likes

“It’s not a good sign when you’re fired by Twitter,” [Flake} said.

A particular spinelessness coined by donnie.

1 Like

The silver lining, of course, is Rex was a Russian favorite. Not that Pompeo will not be equally adored by the Kremlin, but a CIA chief who move to SoS cannot be there for diplomacy. This is one more phase in the dismantling of Foggy Bottom as a key component of U.S. foreign policy. Imagine the day when the denizens of TPM long for Rex anywhere close to a government post. I didn’t think you could. Good riddance, Rex. You were used like a cheap Harbor Freight tool and discarded.

Strike “most likely.” McConnell and Ryan declined to do a budget for this year, thus reconciliation is out, thus they will need a minimum of 9 Dems to pass anything in the Senate.

2 Likes

Tillerson did not call trump a ‘moron’. Fake News!
He called Trump a ‘fucking moron’.
Fixed it.

Two thirds vote is required to pass a motion to close debate. 51% to confirm the nominee.

Why was Pompeo meeting with the Russian head of the GRU in Washington?

This guy was the worst of the Bengazi theorists. He worked with Jim Meadows of the Freedom Caucus. He’s a proven liar and way too political.

So yes The Republicans need Democratic support to confirm. They should take this guy down.

1 Like

And the emperor still has no clothes! Continual upheaval in the White House the continual starting over again will make no difference in the end he is as Tillerson called him a moron.

I don’t disagree with you. I want the man impeached before he does more harm.

Then again, Trump lost the popular vote by almost 3 million votes and still landed in the White House. How did that happen?

I see, Koch beats Exxon for the seat.

1 Like

But as I understand the modified “nuclear option” undertaken in the last Congress, a non-SCOTUS nominee is not open to debate. A nominee is approved by committee and is to be given an up or down vote not subject to filibuster.

Which is why we cannot/could not stop any of Trump’s disastrous Cabinet or judicial nominees in spite of having 40+ votes.

1 Like

That only applies to judicial nominations.

1 Like

So why didn’t we stop at least some of his horrifying cabinet appointments if we could just filibuster them?

It’s because under new Senate rules (since 2013) the only executive nominations that can be filibustered are Supreme Court nominees.

Harry Reid invoked the “nuclear option” back then so we could get some Obama picks through. But of course it’s now biting US in the butt.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available