Discussion: Collins Wants Kavanaugh, Ford Lawyers To Question Each Other's Client

Her next thought-bubble…“Hey, maybe we could sell tickets!”

2 Likes

Hot coals on the tongue?

3 Likes

I think this is a smart, if desperate, move by Collins, because Republicans senators doing the questioning would be in a completely no-win situation. If they are aggressive and skeptical of her it will remind everyone of Anita Hill, and if they are gentle and skeptical they will come across as condescending. And there are probably no other significant facts to uncover, so what can they do?

8 Likes

WTF? Insanity all around.

1 Like

I think she knows that Kavanaugh hired Beth Wilkinson, and she knows that there better be a woman in the room taking the Republican side or the event could quickly go south for the Republicans. In other words, she wants to support Kavanaugh and is trying to make it easier for her to do so.

3 Likes

Sooooo…how about you invite some members from that secret society at Yale he belonged to? Any takers, Senators?

12 Likes

Neither is Kavanaugh, but that is the misdirection the GOP is using. If Ford comes across as a credible witness with a plausible story then Kavanaugh is going to have a serious problem. Even though this is neither a criminal “beyond a reasonable doubt” nor a civil “preponderance of the evidence” trial, it is much easier for the GOP to say Ford did not meet her burden of proof than it is rebut a question of character.

2 Likes

:moneybag:

This is smart? This is an abdication of her responsibility. Period. She’s in trouble with her voters back home and this is merely a tactic to avoid taking the heat, by remaining uncommitted at this point as to how she will vote, yet continuing to be “troubled” by these “new developments”. She already has enough facts before her even beyond this awful revelation. She knew going in that this man was anti-choice, and she’s sold herself to her constituents all these years that she was pro-choice in order to get re-elected each time with support of Planned Parenthood and other pro-choice groups. She’s having a harder time hiding behind that bullshit veneer than ever, because now she has to confront this man’s horrible treatment of women, and his disgustingly obvious misogyny.

Why don’t reporters ever ask her about how he delayed a young teenage refugee from getting an abortion, even though that teenager followed all the requirements she was made to follow? He made that girl jump through hoops and wait unnecessarily until it was almost too late, jeopardizing her ability to choose in a manner that made it a safe alternative. And Kavanaugh did that on purpose, because he had power over that young girl to decide her fate as well as her future. Those decisions he made were arbitrary and capricious…and that’s sick. He’s a fucking predator. I know one when I see one. His incessant control of a women’s agency over her own body is what’s most obvious about his lack of due diligence and thoughtful jurisprudence. He needs to go.

And I need to not read about this shit for awhile because it just makes me more angry by the minute. If I hear these idiot reporters keep saying stupid shit about “he said, she said” one more time I’m gonna scream. There are ways to assess credibility and I think we’ve already arrived at that…but as usual the media pretends its still up for debate between both sides. Fuck all that…pick a side. You already have enough facts before you. Kavanaugh is a bald-faced, mealy-mouthed liar with more things to hide than almost any nominee for that lifetime position in modern history.

6 Likes

OF COURSE SHE DOES! Any attorney worth their salt knows that you never have a man cross-examine a woman in a rape case. Right now the GOP don’t have any women on the Judiciary Committee, as a result, the only people present to cross-examine Professor Ford are all old men. That makes for atrocious optics. But, Kavanaugh’s attorney is a woman, and has probably cross-examined hundreds of women in sexual harassment cases.

4 Likes

“…every step you take, every move you make, every vow you break…
[we’ll] be watchin’ you…”

1 Like

Lucy. Football. Enough said…

1 Like

The GOP lackeys are out in force today trying to make the case that the allegations are just “horseplay” or just normal “rough” play.

Which seems odd, to say the least, since he’s denying he was even there.

Um, yes, I was only roughly horsing around with that girl I didn’t know and never saw since I was not there.”

5 Likes

‘Our client was never, ever even IN the house where the body was found…
But, if it’s proven he was, well, he shot the guy in self-defense.’

4 Likes

I sure hope the folks of Maine show Susie the door in 2020…she is a sorry excuse for a senator

1 Like

Collins? I am good with that :wink:

2 Likes

Orrin Hatch is purple faced screaming “I was a shitty ambulance chasing awyer!!! I want to ask questions!!! I was single handedly responsible for Clarence Thomas’ confirmation!!!”

1 Like

That is my guess as to why they are in such a hurry to rush him through. And why they refuse to release all his material.

They clearly knew about this allegation before this started. They clearly know that there is stuff from the W years that will completely sink him.

But I have had a suspicion all along that they know there is even more stuff (Like the conversations Harris questioned him about). Which leads me to think…we are probably only looking at the tip of the iceberg.

It’s really puzzling how his supporters are all going with some variation of “sure it happened, but long time ago, just rough horseplay, drunk indiscretion of young kid, etc ,etc.”, while Kavanaugh is still going full steam ahead with these absurd “Never happened, Never knew her, Wasn’t at party that I still remember to this day, here are 65 other girls I knew while attending an all boy school that I never raped, look at these teen girls I coach!” defense. Its so jarring how wide the gap is between those two points that it makes me think, they (or he) was prepared for this particular event…but were expecting something along these lines. Which means…she probably wasn’t his only victim.

4 Likes

He’s applying for a job, Senator Collins - a job for life. And it ain’t at the local Arby’s either, you insufferable clown. And don’t think we can’t remember your words vilifying Al Franken after he was accused. I don’t remember you saying that Al was being railroaded out of the Senate and deserved a fair hearing.
And about every time I and others, both male and female, post something criticizing Phony Media Moderate Senator Susie Creamcheese Collins, someone calls me and others sexist and that Collins is the “go-to” female we think we are allowed to criticize. We don’t criticize Collins because she’s a woman; we criticize her because she is a hypocritical asshole. One vote to save healthcare that she later invalidated by being fooled by Mitch McConnell doesn’t make her a canonized saint. She deserves all the scorn she gets here until she starts acting like a human being, which goes for every politician, male or female.

2 Likes

Kavanaugh: “I wasn’t at that party, even though Christine Ford never said which party it was. And I have never touched a woman in any way in my entire life. All of my children were born due to immaculate conception.”
Collins: “What reasonable person couldn’t believe a fine, upstanding Christian white man such as this?!”

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available