Discussion: CNN's Don Lemon Mocked For 'Blizzardmobile' Storm Coverage

Didn’t his “Blizzardmobile” get stuck on a pile of stuff from Al Capone’s vault during a commercial break?

2 Likes

Thank God all the Christmas presents have been delivered. Even Rudolph’s lighthouse-like schnoz would be useless against this storm.

Hey, did anybody see Lemon’s latest report from the Blizzardmobile?

This sort of grade school junk is the best that a “major media outlet” can do? I don’t know which turns my stomach faster, the “media” with it’s "News for the terminally low IQ’s or “Social media” for spending time making fun of trash like this, rather than using their time and resources to help out people who might be in genuine trouble in weather like this. Maybe I’d think more of “social media” if they demonstrated more “social responsibility.”

2 Likes

The bad part is that here’s Lemon’s replacement:

Don had to settle for the only blizzard he could find…

2 Likes

'Zactly!
MSNBC actually managed to lower America’s collective IQ last night during a discussion of company-provided snow hats between a studio-bound Tweety and Craig Melvin reporting live from deepest, darkest Rockefeller Ice Rink.
I must, however, mention that I’ve observed some very professional grade school and high school closed circuit broadcasting distinguished by a maturity sadly lacking at the old cable and over the air networks.

Just imagine how this clown would have covered Katrina.

Having grown up in Michigan and now in DC, I astounded that we have 2 hour school delays over 1 inch of snow. They don’t let the kids play outside when there is snow or when it dips below a frostbite-inducing 40 degrees. We’d have never gone outside for recess most of the school year if they had these rules in place then.

1 Like

Lemon is lucky some upset cop pissed because he had to pull duty in the storm didn’t arrest him for “looting while black”.

I recall a guy from the weather channel reporting last summer on a “sure to come” flood here in Tucson cuz we had an inch rainfall…here he was in rain gear standing*** in*** the wash and looking hopefully up stream for the tsunami that never came.
Idiot.

Deflated balls fer sure.

Same - grew up in Chicago and live in the DMV and I was shocked at how little it takes them to freak out about any kind of winter weather. They’ll do 2 hour delays or cancel school because of a forecast of snow. It’s not like it never snows here, it does all the time, this is a northern state. Don’t complain about the school delays out loud though, the parents here are aggressively self-righteous and nasty about it.

Looking at CNN right now you’d think it has never ever snowed before.

Why is it that when reporting on weather events those on camera feel compelled to stand out in the teeth of the storm when …hey …it’s storming outside…I GET IT… YA DON’T HAFTA STAND IN THE BLIZZARD TO MAKE A POINT!

Jeebers.

Actually, they think they do. Here we have a weatherman who drives an SUV that he opens up in the bacl to display a huge touch-screen monitor. Even with that he feels compelled to stand out in the snow to show us it’s going to be a great day for skiing.

I understand Josh’s need for coffee (see his piece on the main page). But Ice Coffee? My morning drink of choice is fresh ground 'n brewed beans from the slopes of Poas volcano in San Jose Costa Rica. The beans imported from Doka Estate and roasted by a local coffee merchant here in Tucson is my brand of choice. But if Josh likes cold coffee concentrate who am I to say otherwise?

Right now Wolf Blitzer is reporting with displays of massive snow on screens behind him. That’s adequate for me to get the point. Standing in the flood and blizzard as a young female reporter was doing 10 minutes ago is not necessary. Especially so because near her was a live downed power line and she was quite close to the water it was laying in. That’s clearly an unnecessary risk.

Airedales are compelled to show all of us how brave they are. I’ve run into it time and time again.

Yesterday on CNN one of the blondes called is " fluffy " wet snow.

Huh ?

Maybe she meant: “Fluffy (referring to herself in the third person) calls it wet snow.”

He didn’t call himself Don Lizard, did he?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available