Discussion: CNN: Putin And Trump Set To Meet In Mid-July

The World Cup ends in Moscow July 15.
Just sayin’.

2 Likes

Trump is set to receive his fourth quarter “list of things to destroy” from Putin.

5 Likes

Trump will make an appearance at the closing ceremonies and claim he was personally responsible for RECORD ATTENDANCE!!! that day.

3 Likes

Trump will announce a new alliance between Russia and the US, he’ll give up a large portion of our economy to help rebuild Russia, he’ll call for using our military to help Russia “return it’s stolen land” around the world, he’ll abandon all remaining trade agreements with other countries and he’ll get fawning coverage for it by half the news outlets in this country.

3 Likes

In some parallel universe the US made it into the World Cup. The final game in Moscow features the US vs Mexico. While Trump watches the winning goal is scored by a Mexican who was deported by ICE.
Trump cries like a baby. SAD!

Mid-year Personnel Evaluation. Manager Putin will tell Employee Donnie how far along he is in meeting Russia’s goals.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Putin was in Vienna earlier this month and asked Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz to host this. Probably gave Kurz to pipe Fox News 24/7 into Donnie’s room and not to worry about hookers cuz Putin would be supplying them from the SVR.

Trump will return Alaska to Russia in exchange for a vague promise to have future meetings.

If this requires Palin to return to a russian Alaska, I’m all for it.

1 Like

Sarah Palin will see this move coming from her front porch.

3 Likes

Gee, I hope the Former Reality TV Show Host didn’t use up all his best words of admiration and praise on Kim. Putin will expect more and better, and Trump will do his humiliatingly (for us, not him - he has no humility) best to deliver.

2 Likes

“CNN: Putin And Trump Set To Meet In Mid-July”

Bet you $10 this will be right before strange hacking incidents starts occurring to registration rolls, elections systems and campaign servers around the country, coupled with a deluge of anti-Dem “leaks” and “releases” of hacked documents. Meanwhile, Facebook and Twitter will report a massive uptick in fake news and sockpuppet accounts pushing anti-Dem memes as well. The meeting is timed perfectly for the election schedule and the GOP’s need to ramp things up into a summer of silly.

4 Likes

Would be nice if Putin just took Trump back to Moscow with him and granted him asylum.

4 Likes

Dissolving NATO, NAFTA, WTO, UN, US State Dept, attacking allies, praising dictators, threatening children, heist hostage economy, extortion for family, incendiary racial dog whistles, gaslighting, provocation … in effect “border security” is code, like “states rights”

1 Like

Notice to the Counter-intelligence Division of the CIA, FBI and NSA and all of its agents

For emergency release:

Get your jamming and long range super-duper satellite detection equipment in top-notch working order. Download the latest software updates and be sure not to click on any ads or links in your current email accounts. Hopefully, someone at DoJ will lock down the nuclear codes. Someone in the back office will need to check on the electrical grid also.

This meeting will be surveilled by everyone and their brother, from Russia to China, to NK, to Saudi Arabia, to Israel, to the EAE, Qatar and beyond. Its gonna be a bit of a headache and guaranteed to be a doozy. Let’s try not to let the CoC give away the store, people.

Let’s be careful out there.

(We are so screwed.)

This obviously would seem to be so ill-advised for a host of good reasons. But does tRump listen to anyone except the voices in his own head? Nooooo.

2 Likes

Does he really think this will improve his poll numbers? Is he that fucking stupid??

The evidence of that I see is, at best, ambiguous.

Every time I read a tweet or see a video clip of a national Democratic official, I get the same sense I get from the punditocracy that they grasp there’s a crisis but totally fail to grasp it’s nature or magnitude. It’s the same pervasive Normalcy Bias and dogmatic anti-catastrophism that drove the election coverage and still drives the maddening coverage of the AP and NYT.

The messaging from them, Pelosi and Schumer in particular, feels like they they know there’s a problem but are completely misconceptualizing it because the don’t have any experiential frame that fits what’s happening and so persist in trying to make it fit into the one they have: a “normal” constitutional crisis (i.e. power-struggle between branches of government precipitated by overreaching by one of them). You do not get the sense from their messaging that they truly grasp that that the real crisis entails an existential threat to democratic republicanism itself.

I don’t know if they’re doing this because are afraid of scaring people, because they don’t think those who don’t already realize it are ready to hear it yet, or whether they are truly unable to see it themselves. But, regardless, if you do grasp that we face an existential threat to democratic republicanism itself, their messaging creates a sense of unease and anxiety rather than inspiration, leaves you afraid they’re not up to the job because they can’t accept the nature of the problem.

It makes you feel like you’re Chief Brody and Matt Hooper listening to the mayor and town council of Amity Island.

4 Likes

You’re asking if tRump, who doesn’t even bother to use a secure phone even when he’s in the presence of a known former KGB spy, a N. Korean dictator, and Putin himself, is stupid enough to do this meeting to improve his poll numbers among his beloved cult followers?

Why yes, yes, he is that stupid.

I anticipate gold-leaf chic with be the color scheme for the official visit should it be set up as a state dinner too.

2 Likes

A Nazi rally in front of the White House. A hookup and debrief with Putin. What’s next, a televised Rose Garden puppy kicking competition?

Only thing that really casts a shadow on my glee is my certainty that his cultists will enthusiastically support all of those things, puppy kicking included.

2 Likes

Very tempting. My money is on May.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available