Discussion: CNN: Putin And Trump Set To Meet In Mid-July

1 Like

Dear Chuck and Nancy: you know what to do.

4 Likes

It’s about time. With the NSA tapping the phones in the WH, the only way for Trump to get some honest advice about the Mueller investigation is in person from his handler.

16 Likes

I cant believe that Trump will miss the chance to celebrate the 4th of July in Moscow with the Republican Senators who will be there.

10 Likes

Well of course – with the Feds watching, how else is the underboss supposed to get his orders from the real Don?

6 Likes

I’ll give three to one odds Trump will defect to Russia before next March. Who wants to take that bet?

2 Likes

So, just like N. Korea, the U.S. is going to meet a powerful adversary and leave themselves 3 weeks to prep for what should actually take months of groundwork. Then Trump can cede Guam to Russia for some premium beachfront real estate on the Black Sea.

9 Likes

Instead of throwing Starbursts at him, Trump will gently place the keys to our kingdom into Putin’s evil hands.

5 Likes

On the one hand, this is actually part of the job. Unlike the idiot fringe authoritarian baby Kim, Putin is an actual meaningful player on the world stage, and the President of the United States has to play the game. Unless and until we’re in an actual shooting war with the Russians (god forbid), the leaders need to communicate.

On the other hand, Donald, the optics are terrible here. You don’t think a phone call would be a better idea?

4 Likes

He doesn’t know the “game” unfortunately. Oddsmakers have Trump as a prohibitive underdog.

7 Likes

I communicate with clients every day. Before I do I have a thick folder on what they do, what they want, what they owe, what they’ll possibly be willing to concede, what I have to offer, my margin for error, both our points of weakness and points of leverage, etc. And all that wasn’t fricking cobbled together on the fly in a 2-3 weeks between everything else on my plate.

Trump is an idjit.

16 Likes

Absolutely agree with you. Putin will have the room swept for bugs. Then Trump can get an in-person thank you from Putin for what he’s done so far to destroy American’s diplomatic footprint and world influence. And he’ll get new marching orders.

6 Likes

I figured Putin would be here to watch Trump’s toy military parade…

1 Like

Oh, of course he’ll go in completely unprepared and fuck it up. I don’t want to suggest otherwise.

4 Likes

“Donald Trump is set to meet with Putin…”

Trump and Putin. Now there’s an Axis of Evil.

5 Likes

Donnie must be getting his Russian passport renewed…

5 Likes

How many million marchers could we get if Putin were to meet tRump in DC?

2 Likes

Vienna? Well, where else would a couple of wieners go to meet up?

And all Putin has to show Trump are screen shots from “The PP Tape”.

1 Like

I bet sometimes foreign leaders agree to meetings just to spend some time around Trump and his entourage, somewhat in the same vein Tod Browning may have experienced.

Except by all accounts these were some pretty pleasant, decent people.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available