Discussion: Clinton On Trump Attacks: I've Dealt With Men Who Are 'Off The Reservation'

Hillary won’t rise to Trump’s bait—but she’ll goad Trump into saying things that will help her win.

43 Likes

“off the reservation” ? Really? Could not come up with a better phrase than that?

I foresee a some walking of that phrase back, if not an apology for such insensitive language.

12 Likes

“He can say whatever he wants to say about me, I could really care less,” Clinton said. "

And there you have it…she is almost egging him to keep it up…I can guarantee they have polling
data that the more he does it the more an independent voter or a GOP woman voter dislikes it and him…

30 Likes

For those who can’t see the sexism, I’ve done a bit of editing…

“I have a lot of experience dealing with women who sometimes get ‘off the reservation’ in the way they behave and how they speak,” Clinton said. “I’m not going to deal with their temper tantrums or efforts to try to provoke me.”

2 Likes

The Florida idiot that said Hillary would “go down like Monica Lewinski” in a debate was definitely living in Disneyland. When Hillary gets through with Trump in this election he’ll look like road kill. It’s a classic case of bringing a knife to a gunfight.

14 Likes

I had the pleasure of watching this interview of Secretary Clinton. And, for the next six months I will have the pleasure of watching her k–k some Trump b-tt. Life is good.

14 Likes

OT – just now saw a tweet by a politico reporter saying the investigation into the DNC data breach ends, and the Sanders campaign withdrawed its lawsuit. See the statements by the two sides… it is an-alternative-universe astonishing.

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/726147230827208704

6 Likes

For White people, the phrase means nothing. For American Indians, it’s considered pretty rude. I don’t necessarily think she’ll need to walk it back unless she gets major pushback on it.

1 Like

Just be professional, Hillary.

5 Likes

The phrase doesn’t necessarily mean a reservation for native Americans.

I grew up in a town largely owned by the federal government, and the part that was off-limits to ordinary people was the reservation.

6 Likes

Who? Oh, yea, from the shots of his building I thought he changed his name to Starbuck’s…

1 Like

I’m not sure I follow. Are you saying Hillary’s response was sexist?

10 Likes

I have an interesting anecdote to relate on how this election is playing out with older folks. Just got off the phone with my sister who lives just north of Los Angeles. She was having dinner with her in-laws last night – an elderly jewish couple, both widowed and in their second marriage for about 20 years. Mother is her early 80s, step-father in his early 90s. Of course the subject of the election came up. The woman is a life long republican. Step-father is life long liberal democrat. Republican mother exclaims how excited she is to vote for Hillary! Liberal democrat father (who loves Bernie because he looks like his brother) shakes his head and says he is worried that she won’t be strong enough for the presidency. Mother replies “Oh – she’s plenty strong and she’s going to do a great job!” Now these are exactly the opposite positions one would expect of these two if judging by party affiliation. But through a gender prism – against misogynist Trump – this tells me HRC is going to crush it with women across the political and age spectrum. Sweet irony.

44 Likes

He’s saying he has no idea what sexism actually is.

35 Likes

I’m sure the PC hater Drumpf will quickly attack her for her use of the phrase…

I don’t think it’s a critical error, but she definitely could have said the same thing differently.

3 Likes

“I’ve Dealt With Men Who Are 'Off The Reservation”

You’re married to one.

/rimshot

Or wait wait…“once you go red…”

No?

Meh…the Friday afternoon tireds…

2 Likes

She will not be provoked. That’s presidential, unlike the thinnest of thin-skinned men, Mr. T.

11 Likes

I’m sure she’ll apologize, and profusely, to the Indian Nation.

O.o

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available