Discussion: Chris Christie Wants You To Know He'd Rather Die Than Be A U.S. Senator

Discussion for article #228780

Really ?

“His remarks on the Senate drew laughs from the audience.”

“But Deborah Gregory, president of the NAACP’s Newark chapter, was one of
a number of NAACP officials unhappy with the governor’s presence. The
Star-Ledger reports that Gregory stood outside the venue on Saturday
protesting Christie’s appearance. She told the paper that the governor
did not deserve to be invited.”

He seems a little too bouyant about not being too bouyant.

He gets to bathe in self-adoration while pretending to be self-aware. How could he not be buoyant?

2 Likes

“Now, being President? That’d be a different issue…”

Chris Christie for Senator!!

8 Likes

Christie finally offers a policy people can support.

7 Likes

Chris Christi for Senator! Where do I contribute!

Ya don’t say… hmm.

“Christie for U.S. Senate 2016” !!1! LoL

Aw, fat people really are jolly but this one’s corrupt and has the pitted complexion of a comet nucleus…hey, he also melts the closer he gets to the sun.

1 Like

“I mean I’ll never run for public office in New Jersey again.” Yuck. It’s like getting a teasing come-on from a person you find repellent.

5 Likes

Oh … guess who gets write-in votes now!

Well, in that case, have another pizza.

2 Likes

The subtext of his message is that he cannot compromise, he does not work well with others, is impatient, and cannot dig into the details to do the hard work of legislation. In short, he’s a bully.

8 Likes

“Believe me, by the way, when I say ‘I’m never running for public office in New Jersey again,’” Christie said. “I mean I’ll never run for public office in New Jersey again.”

I’m sure the people of New Jersey are relieved.

1 Like

Never fear - you won’t be.

2 Likes

Wish granted.
(Not time-sensitive)

Fundamentally, the power that one can amass in the senate comes over time - & from playing along - and it is rare that it can be wielded unilaterally for pure personal political gain - which would make CC go out of his mind He does not have patience & has no interest in being subtle about how he shoves people around - - he is in his element in the executive position where he & he alone - can award large government contracts and appointments - strategically - to individual & organizations that will then be indebted to him.

3 Likes

I think the Governor speaks for a lot of New Jerseyans.

That’s one of them. The other important subtext is Congress = bad, Christie = good. And let’s face it, it would be much easier for any candidate, including him, to run against Congress than it would be to run against Hilary.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available