Discussion: Chelsea Clinton Plans To Stay On Foundation Board Even If Mom Is Elected

At least HUD. Because they know how to build housing.

1 Like

Perhaps Ivanka will stop stealing designs for her pricey knock-offs if Herr Trump is elected?

What the f*ck are you going on about? What “brand” are you referring to that Bill Clinton “robbed”?

You have the temerity to bring up the Rose Law Firm from THE 1990’S???

2 Likes

Right after reading the headline, all that went through my head was

“And…?”

After reading the article…

My question was not answered.

2 Likes

She’s pretty accomplished in her own right…just like her mother. It would do us ALL a lot of good if people would stop with the ‘riding on the coattails of’…we’ve put up with that for 25 years with Hillary and Bill and it gets a little (or a lot) sickening.

3 Likes

Except we’re talking about Hillary Clinton, it’s gone beyond any sense of the rational. She could cure cancer right now and the press would call her a pharma killing grifter who just can’t be trusted. They simply don’t like her, I watched Arianna Huffington about a year ago, I think it was on Morning Joe, comment on how ‘disdainful of the press’ Hillary looked as she was walking up to a mike to hold a small presser. “Disdainful”??? She was smiling, waving, doing her small pointy finger thing, she didn’t look pissed at all. It really is a mental thing with the media.

7 Likes

So Chelsea will have her Foundation salary tripled?

My outrage, let me show you it.

1 Like

Yes, Chelsea has a good education and I am sure she acquitted herself well in her first jobs in the workforce. But she hasn’t had to put up with toxic office politics or bad bosses in quite the same way that many of the rest of us have done. It’s certainly easier to rack up accomplishments when the wind is at your back.

Speak for yourself, Hillary has been my first choice since 2008.

5 Likes

Ice floes.

Me too.

2 Likes

Yes…however, do you REALLY think she hasn’t been subject to ‘toxic office politics’? Just being Chelsea Clinton is enough to ramp up the toxicity.

4 Likes

The media and the haters have been riding this ‘journalistic’ gravy train for 25 years. To expect them to actually REPORT on real things seems to be asking too much…especially when they can take the lazy way out and just ‘repeat’…

3 Likes

I’m not going to say she hasn’t gotten opportunities she wouldn’t have otherwise. She no doubt has gotten a foot in the door with her parental history. But if genetics influences intellect and ability (and it does), Chelsea got an embarrassment of riches on the genetic endowment front. Add that to the remarkable childhood she got as a result of her parent’s vocations and her education, and I expect she’s never been given anything she didn’t deserve.

4 Likes

And you’re blaming Chelsey for having a President for a father and a mother who may well be the next President? Do you also go after the children of JFK and RFK? What about Liz Cheney and her daddy’s connections? And let’s not leave out all of GWHB’s offspring.

4 Likes

I think all of them have cashed in on their parents’ connections. It’s how the Establishment works. I don’t go after them, but I roll my eyeballs when I hear about them, too.

1 Like

Not forgetting that the Trump Foundation is laundering funny money for the Repubs . /s

Chelase probably had some crummy teenage years when the Monica Lewinsky stuff was happening, so I don’t envy her that. But as far as not being given anything she didn’t deserve (as if anybody “deserves” anything): well, she didn’t have to struggle to get that network news reporting assignment that paid her $300K/year that I doubt was the going rate for anyone who wasn’t the progeny of a former President. I’m sure Barack Obama’s daughters will get similar opportunities. That’s the way the world works.

1 Like

Colbert had a video on that very subject this week. Trump is speaking to an audience about the donation and says that was why Clinton had to come to his wedding.

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell you other than this woman has an incredible list of accomplishments for such a short life. I started to cherry pick some for you to make a point, but I gave up and decided to just refer you to her academic and professional history on Wikipedia. It might make you feel somewhat better about her. She has degrees in history, public health (Masters and taught at grad level), and foreign relations (Doctorate). The woman is eminently qualified to run the Clinton Global Initiative, or whatever it morphs into.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available