Discussion: Carson: The President Wouldn't Have To Follow SCOTUS On Gay Marriage

More than that…it means that we can start segregating schools again and women who get married are now the property of their husbands and interracial marriage is now illegal again…By Caron’s logic, he’s in a whole lot of legal trouble.

11 Likes

People keep saying he is a smart man; a surgeon. But really, all I ever hear him say is idiotic. “The law comes from the legislature.” Honestly! I thought they corrected that nonsense in 4th grade civics class.

7 Likes

At least your mother will sit down to a computer. My Mother has a unique method of email. She will call me long distance and dictate what she wants to tell her sister. I email my cousin, who prints it out and hand delivers the message to her mother. That a direct call between sisters would accomplish the same thing does not enter into the equation. This way, an 85 year old and a 90 year old can remain technically au courant.

15 Likes

He’s to medicine as Sheldon Cooper is to Physics…

3 Likes

I guess Carson’s never heard of Marbury v. Madison.

11 Likes

Ummm, isn’t it? Called Android?

1 Like

This is why you wouldn’t ask a constitutional scholar to operate on your brain.

11 Likes

Not on my mom’s rickety 15 yo desktop it’s not.

3 Likes

Soooo, if the SCOTUS decides that gay couples are NOT entitled to marriage under the Constitution, could the President ignore that, too? What about the challenges to the ACA? That was passed by the legislative branch, so by Dr. Carson’s logic, he could ignore any ruling from SCOTUS that undermined it?

8 Likes

Well, my mistake. But then, I’m probably older than your mother.

1 Like

She likes all manner of techno-gadgetry. Learning how the gadgets work holds less interest for her. : ) My dad, on the other hand, is like your mom. And he was a college perfesser! Of education! I told him decades ago, before he retired, that he ought to learn to work a computer. “That’s what graduate assistants are for,” he said. He’s 92, still active, but he’s never made a computer go and never will.

4 Likes

Exactly, some hidden amendment that on RWNJs can view and read that states they can cherry pick the Constitution.

3 Likes

How is it possible that a man with a reputation as a brilliant neurosurgeon could be so totally ignorant.

4 Likes

Carson in plainer words… “The Constitution? Who cares?”.

2 Likes

He reminds me of Palin—you learn to expect that anything he says will be ridiculous, and you’re rarely wrong.

6 Likes

Ram, SDRAM, Gigs, Memory, Storage, cache, it all makes my head hurt. I can do the basics and am familiar with lots of different programs having had to use them in my occupation, but I can relate to your Mom.

1 Like

Except I think Obama could better operate on Carson’s brain than Carson could be President

8 Likes

Drunk, blindfolded and with a dull, rusty butterknife.

4 Likes

Well, it’s becoming clearer and clearer that having professional degrees, even from prestigious universities, doesn’t keep you from being a loony about politics. Gohmert! Yoho! Cruz! Earning that degree and working in those fields doesn’t necessarily give you more knowledge or better judgment than some yahoo on a barstool somewhere.

6 Likes

He is a carnival barker. Crazy nutso statements generate lots o money. The limped brained tea bugs pay big bucks to hear him vomit noise.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available