Discussion: Carson: GOP 'Wouldn't' Stall SCOTUS Nominees If They Controlled White House

They traveled right, to the edge of the known world, and fell off, hitting their head.

3 Likes

Well for someone that seems to live in fantasy land is kind of refreshing to hear him say what is obvious for anyone else.

10 Likes

A master of the obvious! Who would’ve thunk!?

2 Likes

Yeah—ideologues. Cause conservatives can’t be those like Scalia was and Thomas is.

2 Likes

Doesn’t anyone in the Republican Party know when to shut up? Of course it’s true. But you’re not supposed to say it! The media doesn’t understand anything unless you point things out to them to make it completely obvious. Now, they may actually have to do their jobs and point out the hypocrisy. Shades of Kevin McCarthy killing the Benghazi committee.

5 Likes

What? Alito, Roberts, Scalia and Thomas weren’t fanatical ideologues? Sweetgeeezus, Ben how can someone so smart be so stuuuuupid?

5 Likes

Uh oh, guess who’s not getting invited to the next debate? Speak a sentence of truth in the repig party, and they come for you with pitchforks.

4 Likes

That Dr. Carson, he’s a smart one, I tell ya.

6 Likes

It just occured to me that there may be more than one seat vacant shortly. You know how sometimes one spouse dies, and then shortly after the other dies? Well, that’s Thomas and Scalia.

4 Likes

This guy really is a fuckin’ genius isn’t he!

2 Likes

Next up: Ben Carson says the sky is blue. Except on those days when it’s cloudy, then Ben Carson says the the sky is white. Except on those days when its just sorta cloudy then Ben Carson says the sky is both blue and white. This is, of course, confusing for Ben Carson so Ben Carson’s head starts hurting and Ben Carson has to go lie down.

2 Likes

Kagan and Sotomayer are liberal - there is no denying that. But there is a big reason to believe Obama will nominate a moderate this time. The Senate was controlled by Democrats during their nominations, and now it is Republican. Obama will nominate someone that has a chance at getting through the Senate.

2 Likes

Hopefully the president will not nominate one of the Democratic senators. We need to take back the senate as well as the presidency and that means Sanders, Warren or Leahy need to stay right where they are. The only way to save Roe and dismantle Citizens U. is via the Supreme court and the only way to change the court is through a Democratic presidents nominees confirmed by a Democratic controlled Senate.

5 Likes

Clarence has been dead for years.

It’s just that no one can see any difference.

4 Likes

If he did, that would have completed the balancing act: a brief, still glowing cinder of insight on the essential hypocrisy in Republican messaging, combined with a vertigo-inducing Bizarro World wingnut meme, topped off by an Homeric homily.

If the nomination and confirmation of Loretta Lynch to the DOJ weren’t so fresh, she’d be on my short list.

1 Like

You beat me to it.

That’s the person that Scotusblog sees as being on the short short list. The Repubs have done their damnedest to find dirt on her during the 150 day delay in confirmation but came up empty so she should be high on the Presidents list. JC himself would not be approved by the GOP majority though if they even gave him consideration.

3 Likes

Hey, if she’s already on Obama’s short short list, then I’m okay with that! I’ll be pulling for her to be on that list.

2 Likes

This is news?