Discussion: BREAKING: Franken Resigns In Emotional Speech, Denies Some Allegations

What a fucking waste.

17 Likes

Yup, she is also in my dont give a shit about list. She will have to do quite a bit to get off of it.

8 Likes

Because Franken seems to have a problem keeping his hands to himself and the party did the right thing, you will no longer be a Democrat to teach them a lesson?

Brilliant.

13 Likes

one of more than many

1 Like

It is the exact same dynamic, although now it’s coming from many of the same people that decried it a year ago.

6 Likes

Several of which he as admitted.

3 Likes

That’s it.

I am DONE with the Democratic Party. I am going to change my registration to Independent.

The “Purity Police” can now hang Franken’s scalp on their belt and crow about how they “Got One!” and beat their chests and howl in glee. Morons.

They just handed a NUCLEAR WEAPON against themselves to the Republican Reich-WIng Echo Chamber.

I guarantee you that in the coming weeks the Reich-Wingers will roll out their carefully planned ACCUSATIONS against Democratic Senators and Congressmen in REPUBLICAN STATES and point to Franken as justification for demanding IMMEDIATE resignations. Then the Republican Gov. of the state can replace them with Republican Senators/Congressmen.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

This will come back to bite you all in the ass, mark my words.

YOU are now a party that allows ACCUSATIONS to be treated as FACT. “The Rule of Law” and “Innocent until proven Guilty” are now gone from your party. You have become “The Mob” that you accuse the Republicans of being.

Idiots.

23 Likes

Well believe it or not that was not anything like I hoped for. I can understand being innocent and thinking the battle wouldn’t be worth the effort, but resigning and claiming you’re innocent sucks too.

1 Like

Quite the opposite will happen, I fear. Women will now be seen as potentially toxic and dangerous and will be relegated to weakened and marginalized positions at work, on committees, in church orgs, on boards, PTAs, etc., every damn place where men may come in contact with women.

I’m so angry with Gillibrand right now I can’t see straight. She can kiss her political future goodbye and she may have trouble finding a spot in any mixed gender organization in the future.

37 Likes

Keeping his hands to himselfs? We are talking about putting your arm around someone for a photo. I will still vote Democratic but i do not see myself in a party that will toss out Franken like this.

11 Likes

I do not disagree but we are all citizens of the same country. If this is the standard applied to one member of Congress, it should be applied to all in public office. This issue crosses party lines.

8 Likes

Good luck with that.

You’re not wrong. They don’t know what they are doing…but they THINK THEY KNOW, and those are the worst kind of people to have in power.

6 Likes

For the 20th thousand time, where did he admit to them? WHERE? even in his speech he went over how him trying not to call everyone liars made the false impression that he was admitting to things.

22 Likes

So let me get this straight: you are saying no to Gillibrand (because of her Clinton n Franken positions), but yes to Harris (because she might do something that you like in the future), is that what you are saying?

1 Like

She’s my Senator, and while I think her motivations are good, I was very confused about the good she thought might come of her comments about Bill Clinton, and now there is this. There is a difference and a distinction between Franken’s accusers and the accusers of Roy Moore. And there is not an equivalency in what they have been accused of.

I fear that this feeds the beast, and encourages the Roger Stones out there to line up accusers now for any Democratic Senator with a GOP governor. Gary Peters, Manchin, Nelson, Brown, Donnelly, etc.

16 Likes

I know this is fantasy, but I wish he would say I’m resigning because I cannot presently be effective. But I will run in the special election and give the voters of my state a say in this decision.

11 Likes

Really? How do you figure that?

The way I read the article you cited, 33% said he should resign, while 58% said he should stay in office or at least wait for the result of an Ethics Committee investigation.

17 Likes

You are 100% correct in everything you wrote here. I called Gillibrand’s office yesterday to register my disapproval. I would call right now but cannot be certain that I would be able to speak civilly on this topic.

14 Likes

Yeah, let’s eat our own over this. That’ll help!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available