Discussion: Bogus Coverage Of Oregon Gov Poll Sparks Momentary Freakout

Yah sure…I guess that’s why a former Democratic Secretary of State is a major proponent.

And everyone thinks polls are for our information, not manipulative?

Yes we are a mail in state, our ballots are here, and some probably mailed back in. Mine however are still sitting on the counter.

It would take a hell of lot more than this issue to make me vote for Dennis Richardson.

2 Likes

More evidence of “working the refs” by the Reich-Wing in an attempt to sway the low-information-voter to vote for their candidate.
We are seeing these co-ordinated “information” releases in many states now that there is only a week left to campaign (too little time to effectively debunk bogus polls and outright lies in ads.)
The “poll-for-hire” low-lifes who will say whatever the people paying them want them to say are coming out of the woodwork now, as are the “pundits-for-hire” who will tell you in confident terms that “candidate-A” is now the “clear leader” based on the bogus poll-for-hire.
Anyone who has not been paying attention can be swayed by these tactics and it’s up to the rest of us an the REAL JOURNALISTS (few and far between) to correct these statements (no thanks to shills like Chuck Todd who “don’t think it’s their job to call out falsehoods by candidates”.)

Voting and volunteering for Merkley isn’t the issue here. It’s your unrealistic expectations and apparent cluelessness about how government works or, in this case, doesn’t work.

Please DO tell me more about my beliefs and expectations oh wise one! You are so very prescient…

lol!

1 Like

Yep, that’s something of a concern here also and it does seem a valid one in districts that lean heavily in either direction and it’s a real problem, one that warrants non-partisan redistricting.

How is it affecting your state-wide races?

So far we haven’t had a Dem-Dem contest for high constitutional office…yet.

But it’s been close. And we have also come close to having too many Dems splitting the pot in one office, and there being an outside chance of a Rep-Rep contest.

But downballot in our congressional, state assembly, and state senate races, there has been a good deal of Dem-Dem and Rep-Rep…and the third parties/indies have been completely shut out.

(which I suspect was one of the more desirable unstated hopes of the Big Two when they crafted the law)

We have the same concerns here over the state senate and representatives. Probably better to have a choice between decent candidates than between Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

Surprised to hear that the Big Two crafted your bill, they’ve been fighting it tooth and nail here.

Kitzhaber will still likely win because Oregon voters are locked into a party mentality. Anyone else tired of the two party system? When will politicians AND voters do what’s good for the people, instead of the party? Hope you might consider me as your Write In Candidate for Oregon Governor. I’m not affiliated with a party and I don’t accept donations.
Royce Cantrell for Oregon Governor
The “Write In” Candidate for You!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Royce-Cantrell-Candidate-for-Oregon-Governor-14/730306123717994
Twitter: Royce Cantrell @roycecantrell14
Email: roycecantrellgov@gmail.com
Campaign Headquarters: 541.409.2218 (Issues and Interviews)

I was thinking more along a goobernor like this…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available