Discussion: Boehner's Netanyahu Invite Is An 'Unprecedented' Diss Of Obama

The president is gracious and smart enough not to ignore a foreign leader when he arrives here no matter who invited him or why, so he’ll be obliged to see him even briefly, but I hope Boner doesn’t entertain him with prawns.

5 Likes

Deny his visa.

13 Likes

Remember all the foreign heads of state that the Democrats invited to address Congress back in 2002 to lobby against US involvement in a potential war in Iraq? Neither do I.

32 Likes

Why? So Netanyahoo can stab him in the back in person? Fuck Bibi.

17 Likes

one wonders if Rep Netanyahu(R-Landofmilk&honey) will join the Latino-Jewish caucus.

1 Like

Perhaps Bibi will see through the games being played by Boner and the right and will decline as he should,

4 Likes

It can be used as a noun or a verb.

1 Like

you repeat yourself.

4 Likes

I’m doubting he’ll be making any statements regarding American Jews making aliyah.

4 Likes

Yes, it really looks like Boehner is playing with fire here.

And besides a slap across the President’s face, I wonder what Boehner thinks he will accomplish?
Unless he’s lost complete control over his position.

4 Likes

Remember when the Republicans told us that if we didn’t support President Bush and his policies, we were “giving aid and comfort to the terrorists”?
I do.

24 Likes

Funny, I guess Mahogany-Man never read the Constitution where it clearly states that the EXECUTIVE BRANCH conducts Foreign Policy.

10 Likes

The really funny thing is that the “foreign policy disagreement” you refer to is 100% domestic politics–opposing Obama for the sake of opposing Obama, as in the case of the ACA, etc., etc. The really sad thing is that the Republicans couldn’t care less about our national security.

6 Likes

Bibi’s only purpose is Bibi. He will use Boner any way he can. Apparently Boner has missed this truth.

3 Likes

Nah, Scalise has that covered! :wink:

The official Republican stance – Four More Wars.

4 Likes

Can you imagine the outrage from the right-wing, the heads exploding on Fox News, if Democrats invited a foreign leader to rebut a Republican president? These two-bit fake patriots claim to love America so much, but they hate so many Americans.

9 Likes

Unprecedended Diss?

Obviously Dylan has been asleep for 6 years. Senate filibustering every piece of legislation? Thirty-something attempts to repeal O-care? An invitation from one numb-nuts loser to another barely rates a mention.

6 Likes

This will backfire. The President is eventually going to have to make a formal request for a new AUMF. I can’t think of a better opportunity to make his case than after Bibi has spoken to congress.

9 Likes

Plus drinks with parasols and jello shooters.

Is it just me, or does it constitute something of a catastrophic failure when every sentient informed being instantly recognizes this as precisely the sort of 100% dick move only a hypocritical old alky would make?

And it’s certainly not as if this is gonna given the GOP any help at all with gaining Jewish vote support - I should think the complete opposite.

6 Likes