Discussion: Bobby Jindal Calls For End To Birthright Citizenship

Republican presidential candidates have begun to address the issue after Trump proposed changing the way the U.S. grants citizenship as part of his official immigration policy platform. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ® also said last week that birthright citizenship should be “re-examined.”

Nowhere in this white paper is the how of what Trump, et al, would do addressed:

• Not the massive new hiring of a force to displace millions of people, many of whom are young citizens who have Constitutional rights.
  • Not the invasion of privacy necessary for the government to open every parcel sent to Mexico and investigate every wire transfer sent there or elsewhere lest the source be illegal.
  • Not the fact that ending birthright citizenship will require a Constitutional amendment.

He is jacking up low-information voters irrational fears and then presenting himself as “the savior”, with incredible hardcore yet simplistic solutions, but with little to no details on how he will do it.

Trump isn’t cutting through any white noise; he is the white noise. Blustering with nonsense policies accomplishes absolutely nothing but derailing legitimate discourse.

12 Likes

Shorter Jindal: “I’ve got mine; to hell with everyone else.”

3 Likes

Piyush pulled the ladder up behind him.

3 Likes

It’s not just the young citizens who have Constitutional rights. Every resident of the United States enjoys the same rights. It’s even a question in the naturalization exam prospective new citizens have to pass.

Discussion: Anchor Baby Bobby Jindal Calls for His Own Self-Deportation to India.

(TPM headline edited for enhanced truthiness).

2 Likes

Wouldn’t some form of legitimate discourse have to exist within the Republican primary for Trump to derail it?

2 Likes

Obviously, Jindal et al are appealing to the lowest impulses of their followers. However, there is a case to be made for an adjustment of this policy at some point, just as the Constitution could be changed to allow naturalized citizens to become President or Supreme Court Justices have mandatory retirement at 75. The Constitution has to bend to changing times and dispassionate non-election season discussion is possible about this and other traditions that may no longer fit the best interests of the country.

Aren’t these also the same folks that love to say that the Constitution is a dead document and not open to interpretation? I love how the Constitution is supposedly dead yet there’s a mechanism for effectively modifying it through amendments. They don’t even seem to mind proposing amendments.

It just makes me shake my head.

1 Like

Is Bobby Piyush Jindal pathetic, heartless and stupid or what? He was conceived in India! His parents immigrated to Louisiana before he was born.

Sorry, Bobby, this dumb stunt of the day will be like all your other pathetic stunts: It won’t work.

As of this morning the latest national poll for the GOP 2016 presidential race, the CNN poll, has Bobby at 0%. His average now on the Realclearpolitics.com average of the major polls is 0.7%

3 Likes

You would think this argument would resonate at least a bit since it is the same argument they use when they argue against abortion limits that make an exception for cases of rape.

2 Likes

Trump sure is clearing the field for JEB.

So, Piyush would self-deport?

1 Like

He’s got his so FUCK everyone else…

I have a feeling that the desperate, pandering, pathetic, anchorless anchor-baby that we see metaphorically drenching himself in bleach to leech every bit of color from his person and persona is Bobby’s true self.

2 Likes

Does this issue warrant changing the constitution? How many anchor babies are there in the country? Thousands, millions? How many pregnant Mexicans cross the border at 9mo and dump a child? How many pregnant women fly into the country and give birth?

This guy is post pathetic. He doesn’t seem to be able to say something remotely original, he just keeps parroting “me too”, doesn’t he understand that someone without a shred of self-respect is never going to get nominated?

Brown and Oxford should recall the degrees that were given to this clown, and the Rhodes Foundation should ask for their money back.

3 Likes

And nothing on the topic of how to pay for it all.

And no: Mexico is not going to pay for anything.

2 Likes

Only the 2nd Amendment.

Says the anchor baby…

1 Like

…white noise… Well played.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available