Discussion: Birthers Are Now Gunning For These 4 GOP Candidates

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Bush.
What’s Carson? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

Paraphrased

Don’t worry Ben or Carly, your turn will be coming soon.

For the record: Trump comes from the English.One of its definitions is exactly perfect for this election cycle.

Ok…back to binge-watching.

1 Like

Great comment!!

You means like this…

‘You haven’t read deeply enough. Didn’t you read Vattel’s 1758 Law Of Nations.’ The intent of the law is to prevent people with split allegiances from becoming President of the United States

1758, hey I’m a 70 year old fuddy duddy but I believe that date is some years before the US was created. Must have been prescience to be able to write about the US and who may be eligible to become the US President prior to the event.

Where’s Tom Cruse…

11 Likes

Word choice, sentence structure, vocal affectation, tone….whenever I hear or read things said by these “strict constitutionalist tea party types” I want to gag. They try to sound so righteous but to me it just screams, a$$hole. Anyone else?

19 Likes

There is of course, a load of factual errors in his explanation. In fact the entire “explanation” is explained by the obvious…this guy doesn’t know what he is talking about.

Just how do you derive a very narrow definition of a “not well defined” entity? That’s why he’s on WND.

10 Likes

Sorry, I don’t use Connect Four rules in Monopoly. Only The Constitution (genuflect when you say that!) will do.

3 Likes

Exactly. John McCain didn’t provide any documentation or jump through a single hoop.

5 Likes

A great interview, not at all contentious, which allows gems like that.
The understanding is that you be born of American parents with unquestioned loyalty to the United States.
That would rule out nearly every name on the Declaration of Independence, as well as most of the names on the Constitution. Not to mention most of the soldiers of the Continental Army.

13 Likes

So these people think the Constitution is ‘sacred and inviolate’ and then totally ignore the Constitution in their ‘reading’.

Alrighty then.

21 Likes

Jesus wouldn’t have cut it if he’d been born here either!

3 Likes

He didn’t have to. Nor do any of the 4 listed above. That are all eligible American citizens. The WND daily guy TPM talked to justified this nonsense as coming from a purist love of the Constitution. Their names are not of English derivation and that’s what all the fuss is about. It’s a pea brained, trailer park and redneck world view that’s behind this. None of them gave a shit about Obama’s origins. It was an avenue of attack that suited their level of function and they went with it. You didn’t have to know much, in fact you had to be dumb as shit, to do the birther thing. It advanced because those that knew better did not call it down.

9 Likes

I’m just surprised he didn’t go off on a tangent about “Fourteenth Amendment Citizens”…

4 Likes

Shorter Birther: Because the intent of some of the terms in the Constitution were not spelled out precisely, they mean precisely what we want them to mean. Never mind that the available evidence shows we are wrong!

18 Likes

Don’t worry, he will reveal those feelings (again) in the near future.

1 Like

You’re probably right. A lot of birthers are also sovereign-citizen kooks as well.

3 Likes

I am still trying to understand “natural born” and how that applies to Cruz. McCain was born to US parents on a US military base in Panama so I am more than willing to give him a pass. Cruz is more like George Romney but one of Cruz’s parents was a Cuban. I understand the legal argument that applies to Cruz, but there isn’t any support for that argument in the Constitution either.

2 Likes

A lot of sovereign-citzens can only count up to twelve as well. Rather sad that…

3 Likes

Twelve? Most of them have to take one of their shoes off to count beyond 10.

1 Like

McCain has a ‘pronounceable’ name. (sarcasm).

6 Likes

If they strip naked, they can count to 21.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available