Discussion: Big Win For Gun Control Groups: Target Bans Guns In Its Stores

Wingnut “Target practice” scheduled for High Noon today.

Target will be durn sorry when they see their plaid shirt and bib overall sales drop off to nuthin’.

Stop treading on us,
-Cleetus Kornwhole

2 Likes

Thank you!

I find it more than a little depressing that does not appear to be common knowledge.

I was not a great student, but I guess they’re not teaching civics at all any more?

LOVE IT!

Make sure they have flack vests though!

Whenever these gun-toting knuckleheads see the Target logo, they get all moist in the loins and have an uncontrollable desire to whip out their weaponry for all the world to see.

You’d think this would be just common sense. Maybe we should make it legal for them to openly carry their penis. It would be safer, but they probably wouldn’t be as proud about it.

3 Likes

The LIBruls arE tryING, but can"T, KEEP me doWN.

4 Likes

I’ve been saying this for a while now…

You want gun control? Require liability insurance, just like cars.

And, require proof of insurance for any concealed carry permit or open carry. Confiscate any weapon carried in public if there’s no proof of insurance.

Congressional invertebrates are the only problem…

5 Likes

They might sue Target for a civil rights violation under the Americans with Disabilitys Act: “Uh feel nekkid an’ helpless in public without muh gun.”

3 Likes

Strictly speaking, a lot of states are going to require them to post a specific notice before they can really enforce (and by “really enforce” I mean, call the cops to remove someone) it, without getting a manager to come out and politely ask them to leave (something a lot of store managers probably don’t want to do).

In Texas, for concealed handguns, there either has to be an oral request from someone with “apparent authority” (which I would take would mean a store security guard or manager). Or what we charmingly describe as a written posted “30-ought-6” notice, because it’s in Section 30.06 of the Penal Code.

I suspect though that Target probably doesn’t care if a well-concealed handgun is in their store… this is really about the obnoxious idiots in Texas Open Carry, who feel it necessary to keep and bear assault rifles in retail stores.

2 Likes

With the number of people you see in an average Target these days, you’d think they’d also banned customers.

1 Like

true . . . we get more immediate results when we “hit them in the wallet”

These guys are just making excuses as each and every business they have showed up at as asked them to leave the guns at home or in their car. There a few home grown businesses that allow it, so let them go to those places where the owner doesn’t care and see how long it takes for all of them to start shooting each other and taking innocent lives with them.

I live in Texas and there is a chance these idiots might show up at a public place where I’m at. If they do, I’m calling the police immediately. Call me a bitch, but I won’t put up with thier nonsense. I’ve already been shot once by my own ex husband and I don’t want ANY guns around me. These people get into my space, they will have to leave or I’ll take my business elsewhere.

1 Like

When a gun accidentally goes off and shoots a customer or employee, rates will most assuredly go up. Given how public all of this has been, its quite probable that the insurance company would drop them entirely.

And in such a situation, Target most definitely is going to be the deep pockets that any lawsuit is going after. Other companies have publicly refused them, and Target hymned and hawed for weeks, which would quickly be construed as tactically having a policy of allowing armed people to walk your aisles. Target got lucky that nothing happened while they were waiting to make this decision.

2 Likes

So a corporation can’t technically call the shots on guns in their stores, but they can call the shots on birth control for your vagina?

3 Likes

There’s this product called Great Stuff - an expanding adhesive foam applied from a can - I wonder what effect it would have on a gun in a holster?

1 Like

Go parade your rifle formations outside Hobby Lobby instead.

3 Likes

This is one Target practice that fortunately doesn’t require a gun.

Although i suspect their store logos may be used as such.

So in a fancy wording by the CEO we are now a gun free zone. So if a employee gets fired and does not like it, he knows now he can’t come back with a gun , because its a gun free zone. Tell that to the school kids last yr. A nice play on words.

Your insipid and risible comments never fail to underwhelm.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available