Discussion: Big Win For Gun Control Groups: Target Bans Guns In Its Stores

What kind of bizarro right wing crazy land have we become when a department store has to “Respectfully” ask people not to show up to buy underwear and babyclothes carrying military style assault weapons?

What the hell is wrong with us?

43 Likes

I hope owning real estate still gives you a bit of control but these days, who knows?

4 Likes

For those of us who think these “open carry” and “stand your ground” laws are absolutely insane and have no place in a civilized world, here’s the best thing we can do. . .

We need to find five young Americans with Middle Eastern heritage. We’ll have them acquire legally registered and purchased assault weapons. Then we’ll have them grow beards and dress them up like one of “those” people – I mean straight out of central casting.

Then we’ll have them make the rounds – starting in the rich, white suburbs of Atlanta – carrying loaded weapons and speaking in foreign tongue. Parks. Shopping malls. Nice restaurants. Every church you can think of.

It would take some brave people to pull this stunt. But it would certainly turn the tables and yield some terrific hidden-camera reaction shots.

23 Likes

Now watch the Texas Legislature revoke their business license in Texas.
The Stupid is Strong in Texas.

4 Likes

“Respectfully request” is not banning, so the “in your face” gun carriers are going to be there anyway. Interesting to see if businesses are hurt by gun toters.

2 Likes

But if gun owners carry their penis substitutes into Target where “open carry” is legal, Target can’t prevent it. “Respectfully requesting” doesn’t mean anything to these freaks.

4 Likes

I will be shopping at Target because of this policy.

For those who love guns and open carry, there are plenty of other stores for you to shop in while brandishing your weapons.

I am far more worried about the Clive Bundy types or the diaper wearing wacko birds in Las Vegas or some idiot accidentally shooting me or my loved ones than about “5 middle eastern men with beards”

5 Likes

Great! I’ll go back to Target.

1 Like

Sales are down on guns sales that’s it. No money in it anymore.

1 Like

These gun carrying nuts never shopped there to begin with. They are the Walmart breed of shopper.

9 Likes

Target doesn’t even sell guns.

4 Likes

You had me on the first two but the last one sealed the deal.

1 Like

Flagged. O/T.
jw1

5 Likes

The 2nd Amendment decision written by Scalia left the door wide open for actions like that of Target. Check it out. DC v. Heller.

Yep, there’s balm in Gilead – oh ye of little faith.

And cheap toilet paper, too --in Target.

3 Likes

Same here ; I’ve stayed away as well. This is much welcome news as I am in need of a new modem. I’ll add Target right back to my retail list of possible stores to purchase from. Oh! And I also need to fill a prescription for my son’s asthma.
This is great news, particularly since the Supreme Court dealt such an awful blow early this week. Nice to see some positive news now.

Bravo, Target!

5 Likes

“What the hell is wrong with us?”

Well if you listen to the wing-nuts . . . . .
Black man in the WH is trying to take their guns.
Wimmens won’t make their men pies and want birth control.
People from Mexico–are too Mexican.
Guvmint trying to take their_______---- Fill in the blank with any
old crazy.

3 Likes

Carrying a gun increases your chances of being killed.
Example 1:

31 year old Joseph Wilcox pulled out the handgun for which he had a concealed weapons permit but that his family says he rarely carried. He approached Jerad Miller, a 31-year-old ex-convict who investigators say walked into Walmart, fired off one round, and told shoppers, “This is a revolution.” His wife, Amanda Miller, 22, was trailing behind, authorities said.

[Wilcox] immediately and heroically moved towards the position of Jerad Miller, “As soon as he began to confront Jerad Miller with his firearm, Amanda Miller removed her firearm and shot him one time in the ribs area, where he immediately collapsed.”

Example 2:

According to Garcia, an intruder was discovered first by the 56-year-old Terra and the intruder allegedly attacked him with a metal rod. The suspect also reportedly managed to get a gun that belonged to the priest away from him and use it against him.

When Walker, 29, emerged from his room – after hearing noises – the suspect also allegedly shot him with the gun, Garcia said.

Why, oh, why, does Target hate America? Jesus? The Founding Fathers? The God-given Second Amendment? If Target truly loved America, they’d be giving guns to their customers.

4 Likes

We’re a diseased species.

1 Like

You’re proof of that.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available