Discussion: Barricade Crashing Secret Service Agents Drove Through Bomb Scene

Discussion for article #234257

"…drove a car through the scene where the package was being investigated, crashing into a barricade. The car wasn’t damaged, according to a Secret Service official. "

The barricade didn’t damage the car? Seems to be a potential problem here.

7 Likes

oh for fuck’s sake.

2 Likes

This is fucking awesome.

2 Likes

Were they drinking Vitameatavegamin?

9 Likes

Road Trip!

1 Like

Oh, guess it wasn’t a real bomb then.

Well, it could have been the “Gigli” director’s cut box set.

3 Likes

Hope the agents weren’t members of SAE when they were in college.

No damage? I’m guessing these guys just left the party and decided to see what the fuss was regarding the package and decided to drive over and look around. Because they were drunk, they bumped into a barricade. You don’t CRASH into a barricade without some damage.

Unless the barricade was manufactured by Koch Industries especially for this White House.

4 Likes

Are not very many people applying for Secret Service positions because otherwise I cannot understand how people with less sense of responsibility than an average middle school kid are getting hired. Perhaps their previous employers are lying in their teeth to get rid of them?

1 Like

At 11:45 p.m. the bomb team determined that the package was not an explosive. It was a book.

No, she’s right. It was a bomb.

7 Likes

“the two Secret Service agents, including one who is a top member of President Barack Obama’s security detail, allegedly crashed a car into White House security barricades.”

Uhm, you meant “was formerly a top member of President Barack Obama’s security detail,” didn’t you?

5 Likes

I don’t think he’s been fired yet - that is what I find the most distressing part of this story.

2 Likes

this is so effed, beyond belief

OMG. That was one of the best of the best and that’s difficult to pick a best, because they were all so good

Can you imagine the pure comedy gold that would have ensued if it had been a real bomb? Actually the news story would have been quite different. They would have died heroically in the line of duty, case closed.

Let’s see…2 secret service men are driving drunk (one)…they crash into barricades (two)…they are free to DRIVE home (three and four)…a woman tosses a package and yells “its a bomb” and is allowed to drive away (five)…and when questioned at home is not arrested (six), the drunk drivers run OVER the bomb (seven)

I am going to have to say that the barricade not damaging the car, while a problem, has to be ranking pretty damn low in this cluster of problems.

4 Likes

I will speculate that the reason there was no damage to the car is that it probably did not actually “crash” into the barricade. The word “crash” is probably being used for histrionic “journalistic” effect here. It’s much more likely that the car entered the scene at relatively low speed, everybody involved probably figured out quickly that Something Was Wrong, and the car was stopped quickly, but made contact with a barricade in the process. Which is now being described as a “crash” so that all the fart-huffers can have an apoplexy.

Now, granted, my interpretation could very well be wrong, but it does fit the available evidence better.

Also, I am not trying to defend drunk driving. However (and this IS disgraceful), we don’t know if these OFF-DUTY agents were actually legally intoxicated. We will never know at this point. Which in itself should be illegal behavior.

The story here is that the agents were not tested by taking an immediate blood sample and preserving it for the record and testing of all possible intoxicating agents. Not just alcohol.

Two guys swinging by their place of work (for whatever reason, so long as it was legal) on the way back from an office party is not a story.

Being able to drive through an active bomb-scene investigation IS a huge story … and the serious problem is in how the SOBER Secret Service agents were handling containment of the scene. The secondary part of that is once the agents who compromised the scene were determined to be POSSIBLY intoxicated, there should have been a strict procedure in place to immediately determine that status without delay.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available