Discussion: Bannon, Under Siege After AL Loss, Has No Plans To End War On Establishment

not my own idea sorry to say - saw that about march on the interweb and have used it ever since

1 Like

The Somali people have done nothing whatsoever to deserve him.

Why do you despise them so?

1 Like

I think vladomatic’s ultimate goal was to have him go there in the middle of this poor country’s famine and rogue army incursions - and then…disappear due to some unfortunate accident

1 Like

And lived to tell the tale, for which thanks.

You’re a brave soul.

Question: Are the troops talking about their beloved Second Amendment? Did you sense anything of the sort?

You should get that framed.

A pity it’s too long for a bumper-sticker or a T-shirt, else you could have yourself a merry little Christmas.

I was wondering about that analogy myself. The Light Brigade were six hundred ordinary soldiers forced into a ridiculous and hopeless charge by an incompetent officer. Bannon’s certainly incompetent but where are his gallant six hundred? Nowhere in sight, so I consoled myself with the knowledge that daveminnj hadn’t meant his use of it to be an analogy at all.

1 Like

I like Tennyson

Drunk, no BUT Coke snorter, yes!

There was surprisingly little of that. My hunch is that with Trump in the WH, and a Republican majority, the ‘they are coming to take away our guns’ has lost a bit of steam.

But there were more than a few posters ranting on about how they should stop relying on electoral politics, so the militia types are still fired up. But then you’d see replies like, ‘but what do you mean by that? What are you suggesting instead?’ The original poster would then come back with a, ‘cuck’ or ‘idiot’ or ‘you don’t have a clue.’

So, many of the self-appointed alt-right generals are still hanging around. But I sensed their frustration that Breitbart in now full of softie Trump supporters not really interested in much more than launching insults like ‘snowflake’ and ‘libtard,’ and buying Bannon tat.

1 Like

Hilarious.

Yet there stands Doug Jones and his family. The man is brave and has dealt with threats before but some of his detractors are beyond irrational.

Thanks again.

As long as there is booze in the package store, the battle will rage on…

1 Like

Yes, Doug Jones is a brave man. I live an hour from where a British MP was murdered by a right-wing internet troll, so the threat is particularly real.

Part of the reason I occassionally deep dive into Breitbart is to address my own, hopefully irrational, fears of these types - while knowing that most of them have retreated to places on the internet that I can’t access.

Diving into Breitbart is now more a morbid interest in how Bannon tries to keep ‘the base’ together, when the base starts to notice they don’t have a lot in common, aside from who they hate. I left feeling grateful that I don’t have to spend my life there, and catiously optimistic that they’ll never manage to expand their numbers.

1 Like

'Tis only a flesh wound.

1 Like

With the questionable "success " he has had recently, he’ll be back to dumpster diving before you know it…

1 Like

Bannon is “the little train wreck that could.”

3 Likes

The Wabash Bannonball?

3 Likes

“When it comes to Alabama politics Steve Bannon should have followed President @realDonaldTrump lead in supporting Luther Strange,” Graham tweeted. “Trump’s instincts on the Alabama race proved to be correct.”

That’s about as straight as a Bavarian pretzel.

You’re right, but the only other one I could think of was Wiley Coyote.

Precisely the film would be as take off from Black Hawk Down, Shit Heel Down etc

Yes, what happened to her was only too real.

Glad to hear it.

Again, thanks for the report.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available