Discussion: At NRA Conference, Trump Bathes Audience In Conservative Shout-Outs

Thank you.

Iā€™d love to see that: Malaria and Camilla bonding, you know, trophy wife to trophy wife.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s hard to even visualize for me.

Those are two diametrically different ideas of trophy wives. And Camilla would walk on a bed of hot coals to be Queen of England, so Iā€™m sure she would or will be reasonably gracious if she meets Melania, but beyond thatā€¦

2 Likes

I always thought it was odd that Reagan spoke to the NRA in 1983. I remember when he and James Brady was shot in March 1981. I was a undergrad at the time. Me and some of my classmates thought for sure there would be some sort of gun legislation passed. Forget ones politics. Something this serious, laws get thrown in the hopper and passed. Full on Tip n Ronnie. Be it some sort of background check, better mental health screening etc. Instead he signed the 1985 gun owners protection act which weakened the ATF but at least banned armor piercing bullets. The Brady Bill did not pass until the first year of the Clinton administration with support from Ronnie and Nancy. Oh, John Hinckley, heā€™s out free roaming around with no supervision.

1 Like

Open carry is also banned on Trump hotel properties. Shoot out at Mar a lago?

1 Like

Whereā€™s Firesign Theater when we need 'em. They killed as the press gaggle in The Right Stuff.

1 Like

The pol breathing the biggest sigh of relief today: Elizabeth Warren. With Trump back to his racist insults, Democrats will cut her slack over her stupid comment about Obamaā€™s speaking fee. In addition, Bernie Sanders not only matched Warrenā€™s foolishness, he raised it with the incongruous statement that Trump is on the right track in North Korea. The latter statement really hurts him with intellectually honest progressives who are true pacifists to war skeptics, and think that provoking Lilā€™ Kim is stupid.

3 Likes

You nailed it. I just got here from the TPM front page and I canā€™t get my head around the mind-boggling miasma of divert-and-distract crap that he and the Minions have stacked up over a period of days. Some stories have had to be deloused-I mean delisted due to lack of space.
All just to monopolize the Sunday shows with low ratings, and avoid the dreaded First 100 pile-on-slapdown from ā€œjournalistsā€ who by and large are too lily-livered to do it.
And in a few hoursā€¦
There will be tweets.

2 Likes

That was always one of the funnier elements of the Chuck/Di/Camilla story - and that confused Di no doubt - that the woman Charles preferred looked like the wife to be dumped for Diana.

2 Likes

ā€œAt NRA Conference, Trump Bathes Audienceā€¦ā€

An image I am working overtime to quell.

1 Like

I know - it was so upside down.

The Queen is not going to die just because she will make sure Camilla is never Queen. But of course she brought this on herself, twice. Once with her sister, whom she forbade to marry the man she loved, and then again with Charles.

1 Like

The better question is, who is going to protect us from Drumpfieā€¦

Iā€™d heard/read that the Queen was fine with Camilla when she and Charles first were together, but ole Chucky still had a bit of playboying left to do, then came back only to find Camilaā€™d thoughtlessly married another fella. Not saying the Queen was thrilled with Camilla, but then sheā€™s a hard lady to thrill.

After all the kerfuffle and divorces, yeah, I suspect sheā€™s pretty offput by the idea of Queen Cam.

1 Like

ā€œOTā€¦ā€

I respectfully disagreeā€“It is totally, regrettably ON topic. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true - it was because she was divorced. And the Queen is still head of the Church of England.

Youā€™re right about that - Charles added to his own problem but I think he was rather prone to because he really didnā€™t have warm and affectionate parents.

I read a fascinating profile of him in Vanity Fair. I ended up feeling sorry for the man.

2 Likes

ā€œYou know, (Karen Handelā€™s) running against someone who (favors)ā€¦ lots of crimeā€¦"

Why would not these guysā€¦

believe this?

3 Likes

@darrtown @tiowally @mrf

What is with these people? They must really hate freedumb.

1 Like

Go for it, you stupid idiot!

@lilyinindy
@tena

3 Likes

That is an excellent point. The queen is 91 years old. For crissake, why would she waste her precious time meeting with this dipshit?

Please call it off, Queenie! The visit will be deeply disturbing.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available