Discussion: At NRA Conference, Trump Bathes Audience In Conservative Shout-Outs

If anybody can pretend to understand a Scots accents while keeping a straight face, it’s the Queen.

5 Likes

yeah that’s who I was thinking of. :smile: Great picture.

I was also thinking about that shooting instructor who was shot by the little girl - I feel for that child so much.

1 Like
                        President

Donald Trump told the NRA’s annual conference Friday that “the
eight-year assault on your Second Amendment freedoms has come to a crashing end,” part of a a speech that was light on policy but heavy on conservative shout-outs and campaign rhetoric.

I hear open carry was banned at this gathering.
edit
For some reason TPM or my computer will not let me edit the original posting here so I will just leave it the way it is.

3 Likes

It’s such a damn shame that the Ratwing does not get irony.

2 Likes

Ossoff is in favor of crime? Seriously?

The ratwing thinks irony is what one does when the washery is finished

6 Likes

If they did understand irony their heads would explode far more frequently.

2 Likes

Both of you:

:joy:

I once saw a picture of a kitchen Julia Childs was using with Jacques Pepin and I don’t know if it was hers his or a studio of sorts but it showed two crocks. One was labeled: spoonery and the other: forkery.

That cracks me up.

2 Likes

Once again Trump does the ONLY thing he is good at; Being a Carney-Barker to the rubes.

2 Likes

4 Likes

This is OT, but I find I like the explanation better than the Revenge for Correpondants’ Dinner theory of why Trump decided to run -

3 Likes

Because he thinks everyone loves him until his face is rubbed into proof to the contrary. And his sycophants go to great lengths to keep him from seeing evidence that he’s unloved. If they could, his sycophants would fly him around from Air Force base to Air Force base and let him give speeches to a troupe of actors flown in ahead of him with a Potemkin’s village set.

9 Likes

This is what I believe completely - he is constantly bewildered since they are telling him one thing, the thing he absolutely MUST hear, and reality is in his face telling him something else - the truth.

This won’t last. Reality is going to crush him sooner rather than later. He cannot escape the Reality of being President of the United States. The Reality is too big.

1 Like

Well, he’s a very complex guy with complex motivations.

6 Likes

:joy:

I know you are being sarcastic. Please say you are.

1 Like

Herpes Complex, no doubt

4 Likes

Yeah, he bathed these yay-hoo nitwits in something all right…

2 Likes

The headline makes it sound like Comrade Chaos gave them a tongue bath, which he did.

ETA: Oops, hadn’t seen @cincypix’s post. Great minds, yada yada yada.

1 Like

Open carry is banned at all NRA events as well as NRA Headquarters itself.

5 Likes

The so-called President says the “8 year assault on the Second Amendment is over.”

Did I miss something? Because I do recall such an assault. Perhaps I was in a coma for 8 years and simply don’t remember it.

“You know, she’s running against someone who’s going to raise your taxes
to the sky, destroy your health care and he’s for open borders — lots
of crime — "

I’ve never seen anyone run on a “lots of crime” platform before. I guess we’ll have to see how that shakes out.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available