Discussion: Arizona School District

Discussion for article #239618

I live adjacent to this district. It has largely been taken over by the Mormons. It is one reason why I made an effort to buy a house outside of the Gilbert district. The school board has had a lot of controversy around it in recent years due to the politicization of many things so this latest doesn’t surprise me at all.

17 Likes

and this is happening in a public school . . . I shudder to imagine the state of public education in the US in coming years if this is the new norm.

9 Likes

And the War on Women and Promotion of Ignorance marches on.

22 Likes

It’s an interesting example of intra-continental drift. Arizona is sliding into Kansas.
Further the teen birth rate in the US is at a record low, roughly one-third of its peak in 1960. A teenage girl was about three times more likely to get pregnant and have a kid in Eisenhower’s America (an abstinence-only America) than she is in Obama’s out of control, Con hair on fire, hedonistic wasteland.

18 Likes

Textbook Sticker: “If you have questions concerning sexual intercourse, contraceptives, pregnancy, adoption, or abortion, we encourage you to speak with your parents.”

So do I.

But those are the same parents who were ignorant enough to elect the school board.

So you see the problem right there.

39 Likes

Good to know…Thanks

If you have questions…

Google a site recommended by friends who have parents that are smarter than the average stump …and have no Xian affiliations.

1 Like

Arizona governor Doug Douche-ee’ has a plan for women who want or need to terminate a pregnancy. He hopes to bring it back to prominence and move to reproductive health care leader in the GOP:

Arizona: Home to the Grand Canyon and the ever expanding Educational Abyss.

BTW: Doesn’t Bristol (Oops! I Did IT Again) Palin live in AZ or has she returned permanently to the land of Wasilla DeVil? She once did reside in The Grand Canyon State. If not, perhaps she could return and spearhead this drive…she’d be a great spokesperson and role model for abstinence only education…NO?

12 Likes

1960 is the year oral contraceptives first became available.

5 Likes

“Young said her family was new to the district and they “love the schools,” but she doesn’t blame the teachers for what happened.”

Does she really “love the schools”, or just the teachers she deals with?

Welcome to Crazytown, Ms. Young.

3 Likes

“speak with your parents”.

Limp dicks.

4 Likes

And this in a science book, SCIENCE CLASS!!

Not a theology class…f’ing fools.

Where does Arizona education rank? 49th, right above Mississippi!!

This is what you get when you elect bible thumping right wing crazies!

9 Likes

“The District is also in support of promoting abstinence as the most effective way to eliminate the potential for unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases."

Actually, studies have shown that abstinence-only instruction may temporarily delay sexual activity, but most kids get educated about contraception, pregnancy, and STDs anyway.

I would suggest that the kids peel off their stickers and slap it outside the office of “their grade-level administrator”. That would save them the trouble of “speaking” with their grade-level administrator.

2 Likes

The ACLU will take the district to court on this matter. You don’t think we’re going to let a school district who gets public funds distribute Christian fundamentalist religious view’s do you.

4 Likes

Next up, a sticker for the math textbook:

Pi is hereby declared to be exactly 3, and all future circles will behave accordingly. If you have difficulty accurately calculating the area of a circle, talk to your parents.

12 Likes

I’m aware that the Supreme Court has ruled that corporations are people, but have they also ruled that school districts are people? If not, how can a school district have an opinion on anything?

3 Likes

Can’t spell “crazy” without “AZ”

10 Likes

It’s off to court with you! It’s a shame that money won’t be spend on the fully sentient children in their district.

2 Likes

14 year-olds? Those stickers won’t last a week…

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available