Discussion: AP FACT CHECK: Have Trump Aides Caught His Exaggeration Bug?

I get the somewhat tongue in cheeck “Caught His Exaggeration Bug” but Trump lies on purpose to the American people which isn’t something to joke about, gloss over or sugar coat so a 3rd grader understands it. The question to ask is Do Trump Aides Also Lie to the American People?.

3 Likes

I’ll drink to that!

1 Like

But they’re the finest, most beautiful bigliest liars, believe me!
FIFY

Just a deranged, lying shitbag. I will never forgive the Deplorables from foisting this anarchist on us!

In not so many words and if you read between the lines to get the gist, that is what they are saying in a very pansied, vanilla, no risk taking sort of way.

Deception, falsehoods and lies are the base of this administration and honesty, especially self-reflecting honesty, would melt them like water did the wicked witch of the west.

Methinks that factcheck.org ought to consider the very same questions within their own house.
They rarely can just call it like it is.

I give them 2 1/2 Spicers. :baby_symbol:

Yeah, Mr. “What’s in it for me” is going to raise his own taxes. He said, “I’m going to be paying more, believe me.” Yeah, in that $1 is more than nada.

Yes. Also very cute.

1 Like

YES! At least on orders from the boss. Watching the absolute tortured logic of people like Mnuchin, Mulvaney, and especially Spicer is painful and embarrassing. Pence, on the other hand, is so practiced at lying that he makes it look easy, except when he realizes that his dissembling is so obvious that there is no way to cover it. And this this is the making of a “Great America?”

2 Likes

And why wouldn’t they? As Trump said, he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Ave., and his supporters would not care. Next to that, pathologically lying is tantamount to a badge of honor to those people.

1 Like

Herr Orange’s mandarins truthfully engage in “truthful hyperbole” because they truly believe their one true nation of (revolving door of) them and their (revolving door of) interests IS all of what makes this nation (spin).

Sounds cynically like the current state of the NFL’s (Oakland/Las Vegas) Raiders.

Difference is, $5 on the Raiders having a winning season in 2017 is a better bet than any amount for any year on this “administration” and its’ “fixers” :family: :facepunch:

Touché.

1 Like

We all know that Trump hired the lyingest, snivelingest, Wormtonguians he could find. Don’t pretend otherwise.

Easy explanation: Mnuchin et al aren’t addressing the American people. They’re talking to their boss, telling him what he wants to hear in the language he wants to hear it in.

Are all of trump’s tax returns for the last ten years under audit? Are his 2015 tax returns under audit?

I don’t think so, but I have never heard the question posed to him.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available