Discussion: AP FACT CHECK: Have Trump Aides Caught His Exaggeration Bug?

Here’s a detailed synopsis of the entire article in one sentence:

Comrade Chaos and his cabal of curs are all pathological liars.

14 Likes

But they’re the finest, most beautiful pathological liars, believe me!

11 Likes

Holy moly. Talk about no news is no news! This article implies that something about Trump made liars about the Steve Mnuchins of the world.
Take it from me, I watch these guys all day.
Steve Mnuchiun was a liar as a fertilized egg.
Maybe as a twinkle in his father’s eye.
Edit: ht MST3K, TV’s Frank, Trace, Kevin, Joel

15 Likes

And the system will be deployed about 125 miles (200 kilometers) south of Seoul, out of range of a greater metropolitan area that is home to 25 million people about an hour from the heavily armed border. “It cannot engage missiles fired at Seoul, so it offers no additional protection of the city,” Wright said.

Um, what’s wrong with this picture? Also, is SK a nuclear nation? No? There is a reason the U.S. pays for helping safeguard SK, Japan and the region – the fewer nukes, the less likely chances of a nuke going off,’ more stability in an already unstable region. I swear, this man cannot think two inches past his own nose.

7 Likes

I know if I keep watching them long enough their pants will engulf them in flames. That would be really neat.

2 Likes

But he has the best people he could find, which means three inches.

2 Likes

Cute.

3 Likes

OT as a dog lover, y’ever seen Bob Williams and Louie on Sullivan/Youtube? Springer Spaniel, the Gracie Allen or Reiko Douglas of dogs. Dumb like a very smart fox. I found a newspaper article for reassurance the dog was OK. Dog did great.

2 Likes

Mnuchin said Trump will propose safeguards to prevent rich people from taking advantage of this tax cut, but provided no details on how that would work.

It isn’t just the lack of detail that sows doubt here.

The two biggest safeguards against rich people paying way too little in taxes are the AMT and IRS enforcement. Trumpp wants to eliminate the first and starve and handcuff the second. The whole aim of his tax plan is to reduce what rich people pay in taxes.

8 Likes

Sweet baby Jeebus on a Ritz, these people are Republicans. Lying is what they do.

4 Likes

FACT CHECK: AP prints lies, calls them “exaggerations.”

8 Likes

Yes, but in his defense, with every lie, it keeps growing.

2 Likes

Mnuchin looks (and acts) like Milton Berle without the cigar…

3 Likes

Photo balloon words…

Cohn "I hope my mother isn’t watching this…’

Mnutiae------ 'Watch my Jazz hands! Don’t fact-check!"

1 Like

like that lawyer who set himself on fire while defending his client on an arson rap :smiley:

3 Likes

To quote Jimmie Walker, and possibly Andy Borowitz, this is My Area. The reference to the AMT is definitely true, although the AMT in some cases made the in-state-tax deduction unnecessary according to CNBC’s Robert Frank. This plan also throws in the Everybody’s an LLC dodge. And people, me included , are not paying enough attention to the IRS and SEC enforcement abandonment.
OTOH Nobody. Nooh-body thinks this Tax-policy-reduced-to-a-tweet is going to pass. So an indeterminate number of these provisions are bargaining chips. Possibly it’ll be Ryan’s fault, at that.

3 Likes

After listening to these two kiss-asses, I was thinking the same thing about Frump’s aides lying bigly and shamelessly. Ugggghhhhh. Frumpy, release your taxes. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

Typical Trump voter reponse: “Facts, shmacts. He’s going to make America great again. A+! USA! USA! USA! One1One!!!”

We are so screwed.

2 Likes

Our so-called President would never use a word as complex as “pathological.”

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available