Discussion: After Video Contradicts John Kelly, White House Doubles Down In Defense

At todays WH Presser Lying Sarah actually claimed that Rep Wilson’s “stunning” remarks were made BEFORE…or AFTER…or LATER…than what is shown in the video. Goalpost.Moved.

I shit you not.

6 Likes

“Stunning” is the supposed “honor” this liar brings to the game

General Kelly, I graciously thank you for your sacrifices to the constitution that allows me to say FUCK YOU

3 Likes

It’s kind of sad that Kelly is now just another cheap political whore.

2 Likes

Don’t get too invested in that idea:

1 Like

Yep, lost all respect for General Kelly. He and Mc Master have both done a tRUMP dog and pony show complete with out-right lies. Curious when Mattis is scheduled for his, making it a trifecta. And these clowns are supposed to be the ‘adults in the room’ PUH LEEEEEZZZ!!

2 Likes

Despite a general belief to the contrary, military experience and expertise does not strongly correlate with good political instincts.

2 Likes

Lo O provides good background on this, enjoy!

1 Like

It appears,sadly, that General Kelly spread “fake news”. I guess he never learned about fact checking in the military.
I guess he also failed to understand a very fundamental underpinning about military service,i.e., that our service men and women are fighting to protect our democratic values ,which includes the First Amendment. The Gold Star family - the Khans exercised their right to criticize the President, which the oaf in the oval office ridiculed ( and then personally attacked them ). Kelly defends Trump, but is willing to overlook the President’s mendacity,vulgarity,vanity,draft dodging, self proclaimed adultery,xenophobia,embrace of anti-semitic and pro- slavery comments,his enthusiasm for pussy grabbing and tic tacs ,braggadocio,misogyny,pagan behavior, and his complete lack of ethics. It is so disappointing that the General has become one of the enablers for Trumpee’s behavior…

2 Likes

Except that I can imagine that Kelly actually remembers the event, and the Congresswoman, that way. Because as Josh notes, he’s in fact all-in for MAGA (in case his ugly tenure at DHS overseeing ICE hadn’t already made that clear); and as Lawrence O’Donnell powerfully explained last night, Kelly grew up in an extremely racist working-class Boston neighborhood (much like O’Donnell’s own native Dorchester), the influence of which Kelly clearly never outgrew. So notwithstanding the video evidence, I don’t doubt that what he described is how he’s convinced himself it happened – informed by precisely the inner monologue @irasdad transcribed above.

Doesn’t change the fact that his bogus recollection is slander, or that he’s a racist, or a military-supremacist, or evidently as big a Trumpist as Stephen Miller. Way to destroy what respect and sympathy people had for you, no-longer-General.

1 Like

No, it should be “Fucking Mauron”.

2 Likes

Kelly seems to hold a lot of things sacred. Obviously, the truth isn’t one of them.

5 Likes

General Kelly spreading "fake news ". Who would have thunk it ? His defense of Trump was shameful and an embarrassment. This behavior just further enables Trump to continue his offensive behaviors.
How can Kelly stand there and defend a draft dodger,a pussy grabber,a misogynist, a xenophobe, a serial liar, a braggadocio,a sympathizer of the fine folks spouting anti-semitic and racist slurs in Charlottesville,a heathen, a vain and pompous self-proclaimed adulterer, a person who mocked John McCain’s service and heroism ,and in the next breathe talk about all of the disappearing virtues of his childhood ? General Kelly -it is time for you to do some fact checking before you speak.

1 Like

Spin-ions of Moron and plaything of the Rascals.

From Trump’s point of view, so long as he is arguing with a Black congresswoman, he can’t lose. Considering this is pretty much how he got elected president, its hard to argue he is wrong. I mean to his base clearly they only need to see her picture and the rest, especially the truth, does not matter.

1 Like

It’s as plain as the duck’s ass on Trump’s head.

Kelly, who supposedly was the guy keeping Trumpp on a leash, turns our to be Trumpp’s Mini Me.

ETTD, folks, ETTD.

Colin Powell probably isn’t laughing, but I would be if I was him.

1 Like

People who live in glass White Houses populated exclusively by either “empty barrels”, or barrels full to the rim of human, equine, and male bovine excrement, might oughta want to avoid repeatedly using expressions such as this…

Your avatar and handle are awesome.

Lawrence O’Donnell actually did a great piece on this theme last night. He and Kelly grew up in the same area of Boston back in the “good old days” when women were respected and black women especially. <cough>

2 Likes

Lying in an attempt to gloss over the lie of another is bad policy. I hope the reporters got after Sanders on this and didn’t let it slide.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available