Discussion: After Video Contradicts John Kelly, White House Doubles Down In Defense

And you know, Ms. Wilson has probably received this treatment her entire professional life (just like Obama) and these jerks think they can rattle her with this type of cloaked intimidation? Hah!

31 Likes

I’ve read conflicting reports as to whether problems with Chad might be related. Maybe troop movements after Chad’s withdrawal had ripple effects.

1 Like

REALITY ALERT:
This is exactly what Trump wants - endless pissing contest over who said what in what news conference / phone call - Trump want this to be a five ring cat fight over various intently infuriating issues …
BUT NOT ABOUT WHY THESE FOUR SOLDIERS DIED IN NIGER

23 Likes

And Josh is still giving Kelly some cover for the above in his latest blog.

3 Likes

Stupidity, or because Chad pissed of Exxon. Either way.

1 Like

Oh boy – you nailed it.

2 Likes

He claims to have been at the event, but Kelly has no clear memory of the actual events. Was he even present at the dedication as he claims? Does he have proof?

10 Likes

Except the Trumpster base is eating this up. Kelly cannot be reproached because: reasons. military reasons. And besides, he took that uppity black woman to task and showed how “disgusting” she was and libtards and demoncraps are all riled up. So there.

9 Likes

And Josh is still giving Kelly some cover for the above in his latest blog

This is cover ?

it is impossible not to conclude that John Kelly is not ‘adult supervision’ for Trump but rather a more disciplined, more dignified, perhaps we should say a total-quality-Trumpism.

I sort of disagree with ‘dignified’ and ‘Trumpism’ in the same sentence, though…

6 Likes

Sanders’ statement continued: “As Gen. Kelly pointed out, if you’re able to make a sacred act like honoring American heroes about yourself, you’re an empty barrel.”

Sanders inadvertently calls boss “empty barrel.”

26 Likes

What’s that? I can’t quite hear you over all these damn whistles going off …

18 Likes

“As Gen. Kelly pointed out, if you’re able to make a sacred act like honoring American heroes about yourself, you’re an empty barrel.”

She´s talking about Trump, right? You know, the guy that missed the war because of bone spurs; bravely avoided getting STDs in 80s NY; mocked McCain for getting shot down; attacked the Kahns for … what, I don´t recall; who brags about what a great guy he is for making more calls to dead soldier´s families than his predecessors… .

ad nauseam

You mean that empty barrel?

22 Likes

Sanders’ statement continued: “As Gen. Kelly pointed out, if you’re able to make a sacred act like honoring American heroes about yourself, you’re an empty barrel.”

I don’t usually bring a person’s physical traits into a political discussion, but Ms. Sanders is the last person who should be referring to someone else as a “barrel.”

5 Likes

Which, of course, throws everything else Kelly said into doubt.

You’d think people would know by now not to tell lies about events that are probably on video.

Morons.

10 Likes

I’m not as old as Gen. Kelly, but I too am old enough to remember a time when certain things were thought to be “sacred” that are now trampled daily. Like telling the truth from the podium in the WH briefing room. Seems to have changed abruptly about nine months ago.

22 Likes

Reminder: if Trump wants to talk about something then it’s a good indication that something else far more important is happening.

13 Likes

Much, much bigger.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying, but I think this particular kerfuffel is more meaningful. It shows that Saint General Kelly is really no better than the rest of them. A liar. Who doubles down when confronted and doesn’t admit mistakes. And who seems to have some virgin/whore attitude about women: they are either “sacred” or “empty barrels”…

19 Likes

Kelly is owned by Trump, which is why Trump refers to him as one of “my generals.”

5 Likes

Has the Coward in Chief tweeted about Eminem’s video, yet? Or did it go too fast for him?

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available