Discussion: A Tale Of Two McKinney Cops, From A Former Police Officer

Blueberry is talking about the guy who called 911 in the Walmart shooting. The caller said the young black man was pointing a gun at people when the video from the story clearly shows him not doing that at all. He had picked up a pellet (bb?) gun from off the Walmart shelf and was talking on the phone. He wasn’t menacing or pointing it at anyone.

Or maybe I totally misread the previous comments. This new commenting system is a little bit to get used to…

2 Likes

He’s a union official? Boy, now there’s a fact not being widely covered. And of course he is. Because of course.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed that the first time I saw it. Like “wtf are you nuts???”. Thing is, that guy was their boss. And a Union Official.

1 Like

Maybe. I would say it really depends on who Casebolt views as an “enemy”. There is a tendency in law enforcement for officers to start viewing people through the lens of who “causes them the most trouble”. That’s not to say that Casebolt didn’t hold some inherent bigotry to begin with though.

Edit: With that said, it is bizarre that in the video Casebolt seems to take no issue with that guy in the shorts acting like a Barney Fife.

2 Likes

Definitely. All things need to be done through due process.

Which is part of why I think it’s time to start prosecuting people for false 911 calls that result in death with a severe sentence. Not only are they wasting time and money, but they are putting lives in danger.

I’m not taking away from the fact that the cops are at fault here, and given that the fact that it was a toy gun and it was told to the 911 operator and it got lost in there, that takes away any issue I could have with the caller or the operator, but it doesn’t absolve other cases where people have made false calls and the police overreacted resulting in deaths.

You’ll notice I said false 911 calls. If a person, in good conscience, makes a call to 911 and it is not false but is misinformed then that would be a whole other issue all together.

1 Like

Second to the last paragraph says that, maybe the article was updated since you read it, that happens. He is the VP of the Union.

1 Like

Agreed on that, I thought you were just referencing the Rice thing.

Actually the National Bar Association yesterday called for his immediate firing based on just the video. It was a huge story, especially on here. And actually most people agree with the NBA. Only the people who understand Law disagreed. It was an embarrassment for the NBA to make such an asinine statement.

2 Likes

What part of “inextricably linked to the behavior we witnessed” are you having trouble with? This isn’t just about la-di-da discussions of policing “styles”, when anyone with a brain in their head would recognize that the “style” this guy chose to employ during this incident is deeply related to what he has been taught during training and what he carries with him as his beliefs about the black community. I guarantee you he wouldn’t have acted in the same manner if he arrived on the scene to find 13-14 year old white kids were causing some fat white racist twit to throw a tantrum. GUARANTEE IT. To leave that element out in a discussion of what policing “styles” are available and which ones police are choosing in different situations is a WHITE WASH.

7 Likes

I wasn’t overly clear, but it’s okay.

Definitely. I mean, I agree with the National Bar Association that the guy needs to be fired, but any attempt should be done properly.

There are varying accounts of the overall situation, and probably some blame on all sides. What is certain is that during the period that was captured on camera, the one cop is borderline out of control and escalating the situation. That’s totally inappropriate and dangerous, and the control freak needs to find a new line of work.

3 Likes

Yes. Its so obvious – and thoroughly disgusting.

But isn’t it already illegal to make false 911 calls? Same with making a false statement to the police?

Wrong.

“The National Bar Association is demanding a full investigation, and that based on the seven minute YouTube video standing alone is grounds to terminate Officer Casebolt. It is insufficient to place him on paid administrative leave, when it is obviously clear that this officer was not enforcing the law, but instead was enforcing his will and power and showing explicit bias towards these African American teenagers,”

From that statement, it is 100%, abundantly clear that (a) they want a full investigation, (b) they want him fired because the video provides sufficient evidence that the investigation should be short, sweet and perfunctory and © that he should be suspended without pay pending the investigation, not with pay. Nowhere in that statement, unless you deliberately misread it or try to insert meanings where there are none, does it say they want him summarily fired without the processes to which he is entitled under the police department’s policies and union contracts. The entire “issue” is piss poor reading comprehension on the part of commenters, not that the black law folks want to chop this guy’s career to pieces with the Sword of Damocles absent any “due process.”

13 Likes

A coward is correct and is the exact reason he chose the 14 yo girl…

1 Like

Hehe…of course…the white folks “belonged” whereas the black kids were an aberration to be scrubbed from the neighborhood.

Edit: BTW, you should check out what they found on his Youtube, which was very much indicative of a guy with a chip on his shoulder about the black folks…and may help you understand why I’m hammering him on it.

6 Likes

Read the full statement, not a summary of the statement. The NBA called for a full investigation.

If they WOULD have called for an immediate firing, then you would be correct, but they called for an investigation. A group of judges and lawyers WANTS the law to be followed. The embarrassment is yours.

6 Likes

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/110904224-cartoon-caveman-dragging-a-woman-photos-com.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=B53F616F4B95E553FF51136B26ACACC47650471C310B8599E5D3E6D5A6F2D1C47F3253EB5DA4A499

1 Like

I find it extremely troubling that a police officer is unable to effectively and rationally handle the type of situation teachers across the nation deal with every day. Kids get loud (They’re teenagers. This is to be expected.), want to do something that maybe someone else doesn’t want them to do (Surprise!), argue, maybe even throw a punch and the teacher settles them down without any cursing or manhandling them. No guns are drawn. Unfortunately there are many people including law enforcement personnel who believe that being young should be punished by law and harsh, stern scary law at that. I’d hate to see what would happen if he were to be confronted with a toddler in a tantrum which is much scarier!

13 Likes

Right, they want him fired NOW based ONLY on the video. That’s what I said. Oh, they are also saying they want a full investigation (perhaps criminal charges, etc.), but for NOW they are saying they want him fired based only on the video. That’s exactly what I said.

Do you even understand what you wrote? They are saying fire him because “we know” how the investigation will turn out? Then why have an investigation? Wow.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available