Discussion: 3 Female Justices Dissent In First Post-Hobby Lobby Contraception Case

Discussion for article #224673

So the form to opt out of the system forces Wheaton to participate in the system? That assertion should have been laughed out of court on day one.

35 Likes

My freedom of religion trumps your “right” to make me fill out forms and other fascist activities and stuff.

21 Likes

Plus, I think some of my molecules are touching other molecules that touch other molecules that form a chain of molecules that touch the form, so you can’t even have the form exist, because Jesus.

27 Likes

Yeah but somehow suing over the form to force the government to accept their letter to HHS in lieu of the form is different.

Whoever wrote that letter will surely burn in hell now.

7 Likes

This will continue until sanity is restored - and since Roberts and his fellow panty sniffers are there for life, it’s going to take a long time for sanity to return. In the meantime, I am renaming my lady parts my hobby lobby.

43 Likes

The form has cooties. Whoever touched it last is already dead to Jesus.

We all know someone who knows someone who knows Kevin Bacon who knows someone who knows someone who has seen the form, possibly even touched it. Therefore, we are all condemned to hell where we will suffer for all of eternity because those damn LIBRULS thought they could play with GOD by creating Form 700.

8 Likes

Single payer here we come

13 Likes

omg brilliant.

13 Likes

You win the Internets. Forever.

10 Likes

Four years in Catholic school, and I completely missed that bit about not letting other people use contraception if they wanted to. I mean, I smoked a lot of pot back then, but DAMN!

9 Likes

In the presence of greatness. Seriously.

9 Likes

Wheaton and dozens of other nonprofits have sued over the form, which
they say violates their religious beliefs because it forces them to
participate in a system to subsidize and distribute the contraception.

We live in an intricately connected world. By this logic, almost any pharmaceutical purchase or investment that that these religious nonprofits make would potentially violate their religious beliefs. For example, Bayer and Pfizer make contraceptives; they also make a whole lot of other stuff. Even if Wheaton just buys Bayer aspirin or Pfizer’s Advil for their infirmary, They are contributing to THE OVERALL PROFITABILITY OF THOSE CORPORATIONS.

Any way you cut it, these are adherents of 19th century beliefs based on a bronze age religion trying to impose them on a lot of folks who wake up every morning and are quite convinced that it is in fact the 21st century and contraception is a good thing. If we can’t have single payer, let’s make the pill and emergency contraception OTC and generic so it’s affordable.

P.S.

Sorry, CommieDearest. Meant this as a general comment. Darn comment system got me ag’in.

8 Likes

RadGal70, watch it, here is another hobbylobby, lets go together to HobbyLobby with 100s of condom balloons filled with helium and see what happens.

The clergy beat you it.

A group of clergy handed out condoms to customers in front of an Illinois Hobby Lobby store on Wednesday, staging a creative, faith-based protest against the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to grant the craft store giant religious exemptions from the Affordable Care Act’s contraception mandate.
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/07/03/3456254/clergy-protest-scotus-decision-by-handing-out-condoms-at-illinois-hobby-lobby-store/

11 Likes

This is the first SCOTUS to have 3 sitting female justices. It’s also the SCOTUS that issues some of the most retrograde decisions in regards to female reproductive autonomy.

Patriarchy still rules, for the time being.

4 Likes

Belief in magic trumps real life…go GOP, go…really…just go.

4 Likes

I believe the cracks in the sidewalk in front of my house pose a health risk to my mother’s back. The supreme court should have the sidewalk removed.

4 Likes

I went to Wheaton in the 80s. Glad I did. Having said that, I hope the institution can progress out of the myopic, right-influenced views it officially holds. I know many of the professors and students are closet moderates (and even many liberals) who think the official stands of the college are hypocritical and ignorant.

1 Like

Let’s join the clergy. The condoms filled with helium would surely increase some interest in this matter.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available