Discussion: 11 Days Later, Fox News Retracts Story On Phony 'Navy SEAL'

And of course impersonating a revered navy seal is just about the worse thing you can do. Only criticizing donnie or his general, kelly, for the way they handle calls to the relatives of dead service people is worse.

Both are sacred, just scared, I tell you! Because war and the military isn’t just the most important thing, it’s the only thing.

1 Like

Most of FOX News stories are Phony or they Twisted the facts so bad that it has no relationship to the true story anymore.

1 Like

“Garofalo claimed he was a Vietnam veteran, a member of the first U.S. Navy SEAL team, and a decorated war hero who was awarded two Purple Hearts,” the network said in a post on its website. “Unfortunately, all of Garofalo’s claims turned out to be untrue which we would have caught if we were actual journalists.”

Fixed.

3 Likes

A phony military hero for a phony news network. An almost Zen-like balance has been restored to the universe.
And it looks like, ladies and germs, Donald Trump has a new candidate who is an even bigger liar to replace lying POS John Kelly as chief-of-staff! When a door closes, a window opens!

1 Like

Man, if I lied that much at one time when I was a kid I would still have my mother’s house slipper lodged up my ass.

2 Likes

Optimist.

My brother came down to visit my mother and I when he was on vacation years ago, and after a long day of fishing in very hot weather, he came back to the house and took a shower and was relaxing in the living room watching TV while I was getting dinner ready. He kept changing the channels constantly, and finally came out into the kitchen to tell me he couldn’t find FoxNews, and if my cable system even carried it. I told him, "Yeah, they carry it."
“Then what channel number is it?”, he asked.
“It isn’t”, I replied. “I have it blocked on all the TVs in the house.”
“Then what do I have to do if I want to watch it?”, my brother asked.
“There’s a nice little motel about 3 miles down the highway”, I told him. “It’s only 50 bucks a night and you can watch Bill O’Reilly all you want.”
He satisfied himself with The History Channel instead.

3 Likes

"If there’s any disgrace, it belongs to the guy who answered the question, “What did you do in Vietnam, Daddy?” by saying, “I was knee deep in a rice paddy, going up against Charlie!” instead of, "I was kicking tires on Phantoms and bucking cases of brew onto Skytrains in Spain.

Another point of view:
“My daddy got me a job as a fighter pilot even though I barely passed the test AND he got me a job in the Texas Air National Guard where I didn’t have to report AND I got to skip out on physicals when I’d been doing cocaine. I’m telling you kid, war is hell.”

3 Likes

Well, I’m concerned that perhaps we’re all jumping the gun a bit on this.

Maybe this guy did a lot of nightclubbing and slept around a lot during the Vietnam War era. That can be very dangerous, you know. You’ve gotta give this guy credit for having survived so bravely and heroically through his own “personal Vietnam.”

1 Like

Nah. it was a typical “story” from the newly minted “Fakes News”… I think we’ve got a new meme here. And it was just too easy to come up with! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

He will award an honorary purple heart to this man when the thing is delivered. Or maybe Trump will give him his. Who wouldn’t want a purple heart?

1 Like

There is nothing phony about the glorious honor of toiling away for hours to make something dedicated to Our Dear Leader. I see a Presidential medal in his future very soon.

He personally stormed the dance floors of Studio 54 on multiple occasions and freed POUNDS of cocaine from the clutches of gay black men. HE WAS SO BRAVE it brought TEARS, REAL TEARS to the eyes of his lap-dog ex-Marine General.

3 Likes

Don’t these guys know how easy it is to be exposed? Pathetic. I’d slash my wrists if I ever got caught doing something like this.
And just being in a support job does not hide one from harm. So if you weren’t some Rambo, nothing to be ashamed of…

2 Likes

He already has a presidential seal. Her name is Sarah and she is remarkably gifted at playing tunes with her nose on her bicycle horns and barking on command.

5 Likes

I think there’s a Carlsbad City in Cameroon…

I like co-faux-faux myself. Co dependency of the fakers.

1 Like

alt-fake

3 Likes

There very well may be. But my question was about California.

That was a joke, son. Referencing the only country in Africa near the area in the box that could be abbreviated CA…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available