Discussion: 11 Days Later, Fox News Retracts Story On Phony 'Navy SEAL'

I would share this story on facebook, but I don’t want Matt’s face spread all over the interwebs.

1 Like

Stolen Valor is a real and serious hobby for these people. Just look at the fucking monikers on the Faux News KKKomment boards.

7 Likes

Garofalo - “What I did I‘m ashamed of, and I didn’t mean to cause so much disgrace to the SEALs.”

Well then, what exactly did you mean?

5 Likes

I’m not a retired Navy SEAL but I play one on the internet!

11 Likes

Fox News defended their reporting by responding, “Well, at least this time we didn’t hire him as a military expert.”

9 Likes

Yet

5 Likes

Who needs Russia when we already have Fox “News”. Seriously, the only provable election meddling via fake news is Fox. They spew 10 orders of magnitude more toxic waste into the political environment than Russia could ever dream of in their wildest, shirtless Putin dreams…

9 Likes

To Trump, that third tweet would be the most important.

3 Likes

Never watch Fox. But at least one TV on the wall in my gym will inevitably have the evening news on while I’m working out. Merely reading the chyron for a scant minute tells me they frame every damned story in the most inflammatory, hysterical, anti-Dem/liberal/academia/science presentation possible.They all must punch hippies in their sleep.

5 Likes

13 Likes

That is one dumb dude. Who in this day and age thinks they can get away with such a public display of lying about being a wounded Green Beret?

3 Likes

It was just locker room talk.

8 Likes

Fox News was the single most important media component in making a-holes feel like they were accepted in society. By celebrating Republican a-holes no matter how outrageous their behavior, Fox enboldened every a-hole in America to display their hateful attitudes in public.

Now we have to suffer with Trump. And suffer we will until we return A-hole Nation to the shameful shadows where such degenerates belong.

Here’s a short post about beating back A-hole Nation:

Enjoy!

3 Likes

grift recognizes grift
FIFY

2 Likes

hey two scoops, how are those bone spurs doing?

2 Likes

Another classic from Fox’s crack(ed) investigative journalism team.

2 Likes

Titled: How the right wing gets laid.

6 Likes

might be a good idea to run it by Mr. Shipley before running story.

1 Like

“What I did I‘m ashamed of, and I didn’t mean to cause so much disgrace to the SEALs.”

It’s a guess but I am pretty sure real SEALs feel no disgrace just cause a REMF tried to lie his way among them.

If there’s any disgrace, it belongs to the guy who answered the question, “What did you do in Vietnam, Daddy?” by saying, “I was knee deep in a rice paddy, going up against Charlie!” instead of, “I was kicking tires on Phantoms and bucking cases of brew onto Skytrains in Spain.”

3 Likes

Are you kidding? This is FOX, the network that rammed THIS on the screen during a discussion about the Middle East:

These dumb fu–fellows couldn’t make a check even on a chessboard.

Here’s another one. Since when is California in Western Africa?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available