Could Ronna McDaniel Kill Off The News Net Talking Head?

Trusted by neither Dems nor Trumpers. Bad decision there, NBC.

41 Likes

I am neither a New Yorker or a lawyer but it was my understanding that NY
law requires that the bond has to equal the judgement reward. Did the appellate judge just say, “Nah, not really”?

18 Likes

Hard to imagine anyone more appealing to the average American voter than … a “Silicon Valley lawyer” but we always new RJK,Jr’s run was just his last name and the anti-vax nuttiness.

37 Likes

I’ve spent many years on the bridge of ships. A power loss while underway in a busy and confined harbor is a nightmare. I don’t know the circumstances here, but we always had the anchor detail standing ready to drop anchor in such an occurrence. Not sure an anchor would have sufficed to stop a thousand foot, loaded container ship though.

67 Likes

slight clarification: NBC hired Ronna X. MSNBC is either a subsidiary or sibling of NBC, owned by the same parent company. Everyone at MSNBC is adamant that they had nothing to do with the hiring.

Having said that, it is also possible that MSNBC doth protest too much.

8 Likes

Shouldn’t those threats be considered acts of terrorism? It is the threat of violence to achieve a political end.

Seems like the sentences should be more severe.

43 Likes

It goes back to The McLaughlin Group (on PBS of all things). Theater replacing any kind of insightful analysis.

Jon Stewart killed off Crossfire in a legendary episode, but the zombie format carries on because there are plenty of morons continuing to tune in.

39 Likes

It was a gorgeous bridge and off loaded a lot of traffic heading north and south. Horrific. I drove over it when it first opened and could never imagine it coming down like that. Kind of like the World Trade Center Towers collapsing.
So terrible and sad.

Those poor drivers. Hard to imagine.

55 Likes

Ronna being from the other side of the tracks is not the problem. The problem is that she spent years trashing some of the people at MSNBC that are still there. That’s the problem David Kurtz.

21 Likes

Thanks for this, I was wondering why they didn’t drop anchor.

18 Likes

How then would TV present news? Will print scroll across a screen and periodically be interrupted by ads? Or maybe the old Huntley/Brinkley News style where the news was read in 15 minutes.
What about putting it all on paper? You know, a “newspaper,” where folk could read the news at their leasure and then use the paper ss “back up” under the cat’s litter box.
News ought not be deatlt to us in a partisan way.

13 Likes

I thought Donald J. Trump was a multi-billionaire in his own right.

19 Likes

I’m curious about what people think of the DOJ going after Apple for antitrust violations. Many posters on WAPO and the NYT were pretty vicious in their criticisms of AG Garland. I pretty much agree. He hesitated on the Trump investigations until we reached this point, and now he is going save American society by going after Apple? The company’s main crime seems to be not letting competitors easily enter into its attractive (And closed…) ecosystem. Since anyone is free to buy an (inferior, in my opinion …) Android phone anytime they want, I fail to see the harm to consumers or the point of this legal action.

7 Likes

TPM needs to stop linking to Twitter posts.

40 Likes

You need to watch Rachel’s take down of McDaniels.

23 Likes

NBC’s utter blindness to the consequences of its greedy scramble for ‘talent’ tells the story.

Apparently the ‘suits’ in those expensive and powerful suites haven’t heard the ‘news’.

18 Likes

And paywalled articles.

21 Likes

I’m gonna go waaay out on a limb and assume the suspect is a xtian white dude, so therefore exempt from treatment typically meted out to (potentially) violent adherents of Islam.

14 Likes

According to NBC anyway.

5 Likes

Well, that’s better than Ronna XXX.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available